Share Facebook

05-03-2014, 11:49 PM   #1
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
Fissures Getting Worse

My anal fissures are SO painful.

And they seem to be getting worse...despite laxatives....

Before, there was just one painful one going down my butt crack.

Now they point like North, South, East, and West. (on every corner!)

I really don't look forward to pooping, it's the most painful thing ever. And plus the stomach aches I get with it it's like a double whammy!

And I'm bleeding a lot too....it's sickening.

I really hope to get treatment for this. I heard there were some things to buy online....(creams?)

I know painful fissures are common, anyone have luck with theirs healing?
05-04-2014, 01:20 AM   #2
theOcean

My Support Groups:
I guess I have ones "North" and "West". I'm still in the process of trying to heal mine, but I apply vaseline across them before and after my bowel movements, if not some anti-bacterial/anti-fungal/hydrocortisone cream I have from my GP. I also soak in a sitz bath sometimes too. It's definitely helping and they're healing, but I have to be careful to take care of them.
Unrelated Medication: 36mg Concerta, 75mg Pregabalin
Currently: In remission!
05-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #3
DJW
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi. My nurse ordered my some zinc cream for skin breakdown. I don't have fissures but it might be helpful.

Visit Crohn's and Colitis Canada:
http://www.crohnsandcolitis.ca/site/...tis_Canada.htm

Living in Ontario with no drug benefits?

Trillium Drug Program:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/publi..._trillium.aspx

Dave
05-04-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
Shiny

There is an ointment that a pharmacist can mix up for you that helped my fissures so very much. It's NIFEDIPINE .3 percent OINTMENT. It's by prescription.

An over the counter one I've found helpful is DIBUCAINE OINTMENT UPS, 1 percent.

I hope you find some relief soon.
05-04-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Also wondering: do you adopt a specific posture when you use the washroom? I find if I make an effort to sit up straight and keep my legs and cheeks together I get less issues since it doesn't cause the fissures to pull or strain.
05-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #6
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
I guess I have ones "North" and "West". I'm still in the process of trying to heal mine, but I apply vaseline across them before and after my bowel movements, if not some anti-bacterial/anti-fungal/hydrocortisone cream I have from my GP. I also soak in a sitz bath sometimes too. It's definitely helping and they're healing, but I have to be careful to take care of them.
Ah, okay, thanks those are good ideas.
05-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #7
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
Hi. My nurse ordered my some zinc cream for skin breakdown. I don't have fissures but it might be helpful.
Interesting, thanks!
05-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #8
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
There is an ointment that a pharmacist can mix up for you that helped my fissures so very much. It's NIFEDIPINE .3 percent OINTMENT. It's by prescription.

An over the counter one I've found helpful is DIBUCAINE OINTMENT UPS, 1 percent.

I hope you find some relief soon.
Oh cool! Thank you so much for these!
05-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #9
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
Also wondering: do you adopt a specific posture when you use the washroom? I find if I make an effort to sit up straight and keep my legs and cheeks together I get less issues since it doesn't cause the fissures to pull or strain.
Good question. Maybe I just haven't tried sitting straight enough, but it seems that it hurts regardless of the position I sit in.

I'll try that though.
05-04-2014, 08:33 PM   #10
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Yeah, if your fissures are still sensitive you'll feel it anyway. But if your stool is consistently soft (thank you, Miralax) then it slowly starts to help. Today I finally didn't have any pain or bleeding, which was nice. Also found that wetting my toilet paper before wiping made it less aggressive to the skin, too.
05-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #11
BellaVita

My Support Groups:
Yeah, if your fissures are still sensitive you'll feel it anyway. But if your stool is consistently soft (thank you, Miralax) then it slowly starts to help. Today I finally didn't have any pain or bleeding, which was nice. Also found that wetting my toilet paper before wiping made it less aggressive to the skin, too.
Yeah, hopefully it'll start to help.

Oh, glad you didn't have pain! Good news!

I do that (wetting the paper), but it often stings and almost makes me jump out of the toilet seat!
05-04-2014, 10:38 PM   #12
theOcean

My Support Groups:
Aw! I get that more with wet wipes, I find. Might be the perfumes or some of the other products they use in them since I'm sensitive to that anyway. I hope you can start getting some relief soon! Are you feeling better otherwise? I remember your other posts.
05-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #13
Jabo

I healed mine and wrote about it here. http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=62717

I also came acrosss this a few days ago. I still think how I did it would be better, but if they ever were to come back, I would at least try this stuff. http://www.amazon.com/Forces-Nature-...s=anal+fissure
05-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #14
Kf1986

My Support Groups:
Ask ur gp for some lidocaine its a anasthetic gel numbs th area. Iv had botox for mine and still not healed !