Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » I got the prep through the post today..

06-13-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
HorseLover!!

My Support Groups:
I got the prep through the post today..

Another colonoscopy coming up great just what I wanted NOT , I'm not having the scope done till 11th of July, but thats not far away though , now I know that nobody likes the prep part, well neither so I , I don't have to start it yet but when I do does anyone have any, advice or tips on how to make it easier??
Thanks

Had my first Colonoscopy and Endoscopy at age 2 1/2 years old

Diagnosed with Crohn's in 1998 when I turned 3

19 Years and counting with Crohn's!

Previous: Prednisolone and Pentasa slow release, Had tube feeding at age 3, Azathioprine

Currently in a flare but not taking any medication because doctor hasn't bothered to prescribe anything

My HORSE is not just a HORSE, he is my SANITY, my HAPPINESS, my THERAPIST and my BEST FRIEND

06-13-2014, 12:32 PM   #2
Daisy123
What prep is it?
06-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #3
HorseLover!!

My Support Groups:
What prep is it?
Colonoscopy prep: Moviprep
06-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
Daisy123
I usually take Picolax plus the yummy addition of 10 senna tablets. Haven't had this one
06-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #5
HorseLover!!

My Support Groups:
I usually take Picolax plus the yummy addition of 10 senna tablets. Haven't had this one
I had the Picolax last time which was 2-3 years ago, I couldn't have the Moviprep last time because I was only 16 and it says on the packet that do not take if you re under 18, now that I'm 19 I have no choice but to drink the Moviprep shame because I like the Picolax
06-13-2014, 02:20 PM   #6
Daisy123
Ugh, there looks like more to drink with this one. I did have something different one time which required loads of drinking and struggled. I wonder if this calmer on your stomach?
06-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #7
HorseLover!!

My Support Groups:
Ugh, there looks like more to drink with this one. I did have something different one time which required loads of drinking and struggled. I wonder if this calmer on your stomach?
Yeah I think it is going to be to much for me to handle but they won't let me have anything else because I rang them earlier today and they said that my doctor said I have to have the Moviprep because the last time the Picolax didn't empty my bowels very well .
06-13-2014, 03:02 PM   #8
mish2575

My Support Groups:
Do you recall if you took the Picolax correctly last time? If you didn't then maybe you can convince them.
06-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #9
HorseLover!!

My Support Groups:
Do you recall if you took the Picolax correctly last time? If you didn't then maybe you can convince them.
I did take the Picolax properly, it just didn't do the job properly-that's what they said when I woke up
06-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #10
Daisy123
Did you have the senna tablets with the Picolax?
06-13-2014, 03:39 PM   #11
HorseLover!!

My Support Groups:
Did you have the senna tablets with the Picolax?
No I didn't have senna tablets, I didn't know you could
06-13-2014, 03:46 PM   #12
Daisy123
I have just checked those for my hospital and the prep always starts with senna. I find I end with clear stool by the end of it but then I have terrible diarrhoea normally and have to take codeine to prevent incontinence and have to stop it 3 days before. Basically from the day I stop meds until the day of my colonoscopy I am on the toilet and end up counting hours down because I can't sleep. It is is important that your bowel is clear, I had an enema for a sigmoidoscopy which didn't work so will have to have another scope ugh.
06-13-2014, 08:28 PM   #13
FrozenGirl

Not much advice but just know: you are strong and can do this!

Hugs
Vitamin D 1000iu
Calcium
Tecta 40mg
Remicade: 600mg, every 4 weeks
Methotrexate: 15 mg (injection)

Crohn's Disease Forum » Tests for IBD » I got the prep through the post today..