• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Starting Intro SCD tomorrow: Help?

Hi SCD veterans! I'm going to start the "diet" tomorrow, but what else can you eat for the intro breakfast?! I thought eating a lot of egg was bad for cholesterol...so eating egg for like 3 days straights seems harmful lol. What else do you eat in the intro? (besides what's listed in the book: egg, chicken soup, yogurt, and gelatin lol)

ALSO, do we have to use real chicken to make the broth? We can't use already boxed chicken broth (granted it's all natural?). I hate meat on the bone lol

...could be the laziness kicking in :lol:

Hi SCD veterans! I'm going to start the "diet" tomorrow, but what else can you eat for the intro breakfast?! I thought eating a lot of egg was bad for cholesterol...so eating egg for like 3 days straights seems harmful lol. What else do you eat in the intro? (besides what's listed in the book: egg, chicken soup, yogurt, and gelatin lol)

ALSO, do we have to use real chicken to make the broth? We can't use already boxed chicken broth (granted it's all natural?). I hate meat on the bone lol

If it gets too hard. Remember, it's only tough in the beginning. Take things DAY BY DAY.

Seriously. And sometimes SCD isn't enough (like in my case, no cheese). Don't get discouraged. Get it in your head that this is the way you are eating from now on.

Eggs are GOOD, Cholesterol is GOOD,
Small dense LDL are Bad, Large Fluffy LDL are Good, HDL is good.
EGGS ARE GOOD, (so is butter) -free range or organic are better but industrial free range or organic aren't really that good,

No you can't use 'all natural' boxed chicken broth and call your diet SCD, you can call it almost SCD and maybe it will be fine.

All clear?
Why you should eat more (not less) cholesterol
http://chriskresser.com/why-you-should-eat-more-not-less-cholesterol

Thank you Poppysocks, DJW, and Hugh :) It's interesting, when I was off meds last year because I felt fine....i think I continued to feel fine because I was on a "weight-loss" medical program where all I ate was like, chicken/beef and veggies...and some fruit. Pretty similar to SCD/Paleo/GAPS I think. The only way to know if it works is if I stop have abd cramping (that's my only symptom of "flare" I think. Aside from the diagnosis in 2010, this is the second time I've felt unwell...so we'll see. You've all inspired me on this forum to try this diet, so thank YOU. Even if I end up falling off the horse, it'll provide me with a healthier way to look at food :D and realize that medication does have it's place.

Hugh: Lol I keep picturing Sheldon's voice with your responses :) Yes...I read that article and one saying a lot of eggs might be bad for ppl with Diabetes, but for others, it's fine! Egg-cellent.

Hi, Sea Star.
How are you doing with the diet? I started SCD 28 days ago and I'm doing fine. I can see some improvement :)
About the intro: I ate lots of eggs and chicken broth with pureed carrots but I've noticed that eggs gave me nausea so I stopped eating them for a while and added only yolk and it was ok. Then I added egg white after several days and the nausea is gone :)