• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Lump in tongue and/or hearing issues

I've had a lump in the muscle part of my tongue for about a month. I saw an ENT 2 weeks ago and go back tomorrow for a follow up. The issue is that because it is in the tongue, a biopsy needs to be done in a hospital setting due to very possible breathing complications. When I saw him 2 weeks ago, he didn't think it was related to my Crohn's, but he did order a hearing test due to all the medications I've been on for the past 26 years.

Has anyone encountered either of these issues? I'm terrified about the lump, because the two possibilities he mentioned that generally cause this type of lump are trauma (and I haven't had any) or cancer, but the lump didn't present as cancer, so he's not sure what is going on. But knowing I haven't had any trauma to my mouth of any kind, I'm much more worried about the cancer possibility.

I know if I have hearing loss, my husband will think it is hilarious, as I constantly accuse him of never listening.

I've had a lump in the muscle part of my tongue for about a month. I saw an ENT 2 weeks ago and go back tomorrow for a follow up. The issue is that because it is in the tongue, a biopsy needs to be done in a hospital setting due to very possible breathing complications. When I saw him 2 weeks ago, he didn't think it was related to my Crohn's, but he did order a hearing test due to all the medications I've been on for the past 26 years.

Has anyone encountered either of these issues? I'm terrified about the lump, because the two possibilities he mentioned that generally cause this type of lump are trauma (and I haven't had any) or cancer, but the lump didn't present as cancer, so he's not sure what is going on. But knowing I haven't had any trauma to my mouth of any kind, I'm much more worried about the cancer possibility.

I know if I have hearing loss, my husband will think it is hilarious, as I constantly accuse him of never listening.
I've been diagnosed and on these nasty meds for 20 yrs now and hearing loss is a problem for me too...I also work in construction but I have had hearing problems before I started working I was explained that this nasty Crohn's disease
can affect all senses (eyes, hearing, tasting, smell...)- hopes this helps...