Share Facebook

07-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
andy10

Tough

I know I posted in surgery about my friend he wants the ileostomy because he can't get use to the symptoms. It he's struggling bad. But anyways last night I got a call from his dad and was told he wrote a note left it on the table his dad came home and seen the gun missing and walked in to my buddy with the gun to his head. His dad got the gun and he asked him why and my buddy said I hate Crohn's I hate pooping every 5 min and that he just can't take it. He was always happier on the bag and looked a lot happier
07-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #2
Daisy123
I think your friend needs urgent counselling whatever decision he makes with regards to having the bag or not. Has he meet with his surgeon yet?
07-17-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
andy10

He's does friday. Should he tell the surgery his mental mind set right now?
07-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
valleysangel92

My Support Groups:
Absolutely, it sounds like your friend has severe depression and although a bag can improve things, if he has crohns then it might not solve the problem. A bag is not a cure and crohns can still come back even after surgery, it's important that your friend is prepared for this.

It sounds like he needs counselling and maybe antidepressants, but he definitely needs to be honest with his medical team about how bad things are. He cannot go on like that, he is a danger to himself in this state.

Crohns can be very difficult to live with but there are treatments and he can have a much better quality of life, it just takes a bit of trial and error to find what works best for the individual.

Nicola
coeliac disease/Osteopenia /Crohns/Arthritis/
laperoscopic hemicolectomy 25/06/ 2013

Meds- Vedolizumab, sulfasalazine, Lansoprazole, Vitamin D, prochlorperazine, Oramorph, MST, B12 shots My journey with crohns: http://glutenfreecookiemonster.wordpress.com/

Allergic to - inflectra, aza

Non CD meds - Gabapentin, paracetamol, ventolin
07-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #5
valleysangel92

My Support Groups:
Do you think you could talk your friend into talking on here?
07-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
Daisy123
Nicola is right. I was contemplating a stoma but the problem is that it can't cure Crohns, I think I was fed up and depressed and just wanted the illness gone. It might be his symptons are crohns related and need treatment. But it is his decision at the end of the day, and he certainly cannot continue in this way. He is lucky to have such a good friend. Even if the surgeon agrees, I would still recommend some sort of therapy and perhaps a short dose of antidepressants.
07-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #7
andy10

He is on here he doesn't do much anymore. I believe his name is brad1025. And than you for the help and support. I'm going to the surgeon appt with him tomorrow
07-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #8
andy10

Is there anything I should say?
07-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #9
valleysangel92

My Support Groups:
If you are concerned for his welfare then you could maybe tell the surgeon, but because of confidentially it might be hard to speak to him in any detail without your friend knowing about it
07-17-2014, 12:23 PM   #10
Daisy123
Is there anything I should say?
I think you need to tell the surgeon how worried you are and how ill he has been. Perhaps you could ask about whether he should see his GI, as surgeons deal with the mechanical problems and not the disease itself. I know that it works differently in the States than the UK.
07-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #11
andy10

Thank you again I will. Can anyone tell me what rapid transit is?
07-18-2014, 03:47 AM   #12
Jennifer
Adminstrator

"The time it takes for food to travel from your mouth through your digestive tract to your anus is your bowel transit time." http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disor...l-transit-time Rapid meaning fast. Has he had a test done that shows his transit time?
Things I take: Tenormin 25mg (PVCs and Tachycardia), Junel, Tylenol 3, Omeprazole 20mg 2/day, Klonopin 1mg 2/day (anxiety), Restoril 15mg (insomnia), Claritin 20mg
Currently in: REMISSION Thought it was a flare but it's just scar tissue from my resection. Dealing with a stricture. Remission from my resection, 17 years and counting.
07-18-2014, 06:03 AM   #13
andy10

Yes he has it was two weeks ago