Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Entyvio/Vedolizumab » Entyvio and Fistulas

10-29-2014, 01:30 AM   #1
Noir41

Entyvio and Fistulas

Giving Entyvio a try for the first time in the next few weeks. I am still (after 21 years) somewhat undiagnosed by Mount Sinai hospital as well as the Cleveland and Mayo clinic. Had the jpouch operation in 1999 and have been dealing with pouchitis and chronic fistulas ever since. Some docs say crohns colitis, some say pouchitis ;frankly I don't care what I have as long as this medicine gives me a little relief from the fistulas. My job is very physical and the whole thing is driving me crazy.
I am wondering if anyone here has had any success treating fistulas with Entyvio.

Last edited by DustyKat; 10-31-2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Icon added and title change
10-31-2014, 09:22 PM   #2
DustyKat
Super Moderator

Moved and bumped.
11-01-2014, 12:39 PM   #3
Brian'sMom

My Support Groups:
My son has some fistulas and started Entyvio Aug 8th. Lately things seem to be better. I don't have an answer for you yet in regards to if the medicine helps fistulas. But I will here soon. He gets his 4th infusion on Nov 14th. That will be 14 weeks on the medicine. At some point after that I'd assume they'd be checking those fistulas to see what is happening with them. As for research if Entyvio helps fistulas. I haven't heard any. Our GI doesn't have much data since its such a new drug. Good luck and I'll at least keep you posted on our stuff

Praying for Remission
Vedolizumab 8-8-14
Ileostomy 3/22/14
Multivitamin,Iron,Vit D

Total EEN 12-10-13 to:TPN 1-29-14 - 4-2-14
Tried:Azathioprine,Pred,Pentasa,Cimzia Bi weekly & MTX 9/2013 to 8/2014, Humira 1/2011-9/2013, w/oral mtx 5 mos in 2013. Remicade: Had allergic reaction Jan 2011 Built up antibodies by 3rd infusion.
Has done round of Flagyl due to abcess 12/10 and 10-21-13 which helped both heal quickly.
11-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
sk12383

Giving Entyvio a try for the first time in the next few weeks. I am still (after 21 years) somewhat undiagnosed by Mount Sinai hospital as well as the Cleveland and Mayo clinic. Had the jpouch operation in 1999 and have been dealing with pouchitis and chronic fistulas ever since. Some docs say crohns colitis, some say pouchitis ;frankly I don't care what I have as long as this medicine gives me a little relief from the fistulas. My job is very physical and the whole thing is driving me crazy.
I am wondering if anyone here has had any success treating fistulas with Entyvio.
Entyvio was helpful with my fistulas. I had 2 in a 6 month period, then an abscess but when they got in there the fistula was gone. Started Entyvio shortly after and no recurrence so far. I'm a pretty big fan of Entyvio in general. Hope it works for you!
12-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #5
Irish86

My Support Groups:
Entyvio was helpful with my fistulas. I had 2 in a 6 month period, then an abscess but when they got in there the fistula was gone. Started Entyvio shortly after and no recurrence so far. I'm a pretty big fan of Entyvio in general. Hope it works for you!
better than Remicade?

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Entyvio/Vedolizumab » Entyvio and Fistulas