Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Anyone had a fungus develop from taking humira

12-20-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
orangesunflower

My Support Groups:
Anyone had a fungus develop from taking humira

Has anyone had a fungus develop from taking humira? If so, how were they diagnosed and what were symptoms? And how was it treated? Just wondered because I have had a strange feeling under breast for a month. Could be in lungs. Getting it checked out soon.
12-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
theOcean

My Support Groups:
I've had some fungal infections, but I've always thought it was more to do with my being on antibiotics than Humira. It's good that you're getting checked out soon. I hope someone else is able to respond who can help you better.
Unrelated Medication: 36mg Concerta, 75mg Pregabalin
Currently: In remission!
12-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #3
Essieluv

I had multiple fungal infections when I was on Humira. I think it's pretty common. Glad you are getting checked out.

Waiting for a cure!
12-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #4
orangesunflower

My Support Groups:
I had multiple fungal infections when I was on Humira. I think it's pretty common. Glad you are getting checked out.
Thanks for responding. Went to ER and they found nothing! They did lung X-ray and blood tests and heart test. All normal. It is frustrating because pain is real and constant. What symptoms did you have?
01-07-2015, 09:21 AM   #5
Ckoenig

I've been on Humira for a year. I now have a couple of spots of what they are calling ring worm/could also be psoriasis. Scaly patches of skin.
I'm curious why you would think something inside of you in your lungs would be fungal?

Mother of Tyler (13) Twin Girls Rian (11) Victoria (11)
My girlfriend is amazingly supportive!

Dx'd with Crohn's Disease 8/29/2013 6 inches of diseased terminal illeum. As of December 2014 currently in remission!

Humira as of Dec 18
B-12 injections monthly
2,000 iu Vit D daily
250 mg florastor probiotic 2 x daily
.25 Xanax as needed
01-07-2015, 09:56 PM   #6
Needhope

I have been on Humira for a year and a half. I have had sinus infections and similar patchy-dry areas which come and go. But I have not had that severe abdominal pain. Except once when I was on antibiotics and Humira, causing severe constipation. I find taking Metamucil helps me be more regular. I go from diarrhea with a flare to constipation when I am doing fair. So, its not ever quite "normal" but its normal for me. Good luck! I am waiting to get results for Humira anibody levels and 6-MP levels because I developed a severe redness to my gums along with a rash on my abdomen and feeling a lump in my throat every time I swallow...anyone have this kind of reaction to Humira or 6-MP. My ears are also acting up.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Anyone had a fungus develop from taking humira