Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Humira out of fridge for approx 60 minutes

12-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #1
nova

Humira out of fridge for approx 60 minutes

Hi so I'm starting Humira soon ,GI said I'll be starting the second week in January so I'm just waiting for the nurse to come to my house to teach me how to inject etc, anyway I went to pick it up today and from the time being in the pharmacy to going home was about an hour but then I put it into the fridge, so I'm just wondering if it's still fine to use ? sorta worried as it says it should be stored in the fridge at all times, eeek surely it's ok?
12-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
Farmwife
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Make sure you tell the nurse. Also you can call Humira and ask.:-)
However, we were told if the medicine looks cloudy than don't take it.
We were told to keep it out of direct sunlight if it's out of the fridge.

Let us know how it goes.
dx Juvenile Arthritis
(12/13/13)
dx Erthema Nodosum
(8/13/14)
Bladder and Bowel Dysfunction
(10/14/13)
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome dx (1/26/17)
Remicade started on (9/8/14)Every 4 wks
Azathroprine started on 10/9/15
EN/EEN- since (1/12/13)
Past Meds- LDN, Humira, Pred, MTX, Sulfasalazine
12-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
Juuh

My Support Groups:
It will stay fine for 14 days. Everytime I travel I have my Humira with me in carry-on luggage, then I store it in normal room temps, and use it in two weeks. If its out of fridge for few hours and you put it back it still has to be used in 14 days.
12-31-2014, 09:23 AM   #4
nova

Thanks guys, yeah I wish I could call Humira but I'm not from the US so can't call that number, thing is the pharmacist didn't even say anything about keeping it refrigerated just handed them to me in a bag, only when I got home and was reading the contents did I realise, eeek I guess I'll just have to wait for the nurse to call me whenever that may be.
12-31-2014, 11:23 AM   #5
Farmwife
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
You should be fine. When my girl was on it I would let it come to room temperature (it didn't sting as much going in) and we never had an issue.

Hugs
12-31-2014, 09:55 PM   #6
nova

You should be fine. When my girl was on it I would let it come to room temperature (it didn't sting as much going in) and we never had an issue.

Hugs
Thanks again ! when you picked it up from the pharmacy did you have to put it in a special box or anything to keep it cold ?
01-06-2015, 09:51 PM   #7
nova

Update just incase someone has the same problem in the future, pharmacist said it's totally fine!

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Humira/Adalimumab » Humira out of fridge for approx 60 minutes