Share Facebook

04-22-2015, 09:59 AM   #1
brooklyn23

Sore Spots

I wanted to know if anyone else experienced this... rather than general malaise or pain, I tend to feel pain concentrated in very specific spots that don't really change location. Is this typical?

I have three spots, each varying in how much they affect me, but there's one in the lower right, one in the lower left and one in the upper left.

Does anyone else experience this?
Queen of the magical mystical utterly-debilitating ovulation pain.

Higher. Further. Faster. More. - Hopeless comic book nerd
04-22-2015, 10:20 AM   #2
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
I think that's fairly normal, yes. I have my main "pain spot" in the LRQ. If I flare up, eat the wrong thing, or even just look at it funny, that spot will ache. It's always the exact same spot. I was joking in another thread that maybe I should just get a tattoo of an "X" marking that pain spot. I've had IBD for over 5 years now and the pain spot has been there since the very beginning, and it hasn't budged one millimeter in that time.

I also have a pain spot about 2 inches above my belly button that acts up when I am having a gastritis attack - once again, always in the same spot, but that one isn't active except when the gastritis is. Once again I could also put a tattoo there (my belly might look like a weird treasure map if I started accumulating "X" tattoos for each pain spot!).

I've told my GI about my pain spots, and he's biopsied my stomach and TI several times each (where those pain spots seem to be), but nothing ever comes of it. So I guess it's just an IBD (and gastritis) thing? I don't seem to have any scar tissue or narrowing or anything like that in the area of my LRQ pain spot, and gastritis is the only explanation for my stomach pain spot. So, long story short: yes, I have them too, but I don't know why exactly.
04-22-2015, 10:39 AM   #3
brooklyn23

Okay, that's good to know. Yeah I have the LRQ one that's ... it's like... is it where the terminal ileum, is it the ovary? No one knows! And then the Left one an inch or so northeast from my belly button. Sometimes the left side is a little more vague, but it's still two spots.

Looking at my belly button makes me SAD. The scar after my laparoscopy last summer made it feel smaller. I can't fully poke it anymore. :< #weird
04-22-2015, 11:51 AM   #4
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
My gastritis spot is a little bit left of center, too. But it's more like 2 inches above and then maybe a half inch to the left of the belly button, it's just a smidge off-center. It's definitely in my stomach and not in the intestines. My LRQ pain spot, I think it's in or near the TI, but yeah, it's difficult to say for sure. Especially since my TI always looks pristine on scope & on biopsy. Frustrating!
04-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #5
brooklyn23

It could be my stomach? It could be where the stomach meets the SI... or it could be in the curve to the descending colon. I do not knoooow. Though, based on how I'm feeling after eating it might be the first one.
04-22-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
Cat-a-Tonic
Super Moderator

My Support Groups:
It could definitely be your stomach. Have you had anything like an upper endoscopy done lately? Do you have GERD or any issues with reflux? For me, it's like a domino effect. When my GERD gets really going and the acid is boiling in my stomach, if I don't take meds immediately to reduce the acid, then it starts eating away at the lining of my stomach and particularly the area where my pain spot is. That in turn causes gastritis and my stomach lining gets inflamed and angry because of the acid. My pain spot of course hurts the whole time, and I get other symptoms like nausea and diarrhea, and for some reason pale stools as well (because of the pale stools, they thought it was my gallbladder when it first started happening, but my pain spot isn't in the exact area of my gallbladder, and my gallbladder itself is fine). Have you noticed it feeling worse with any particular foods, acidic foods like spaghetti sauce or orange juice? Or deep-fried foods?
04-22-2015, 03:48 PM   #7
brooklyn23

The last thing I had was the pillcam about... a month and a half ago.
We did have Italian food so maybe the tomato exacerbated it? IDK. I don't have any GERD issues.
09-03-2017, 03:16 AM   #8
kenvh

My Support Groups:
It could definitely be your stomach. Have you had anything like an upper endoscopy done lately? Do you have GERD or any issues with reflux? For me, it's like a domino effect. When my GERD gets really going and the acid is boiling in my stomach, if I don't take meds immediately to reduce the acid, then it starts eating away at the lining of my stomach and particularly the area where my pain spot is. That in turn causes gastritis and my stomach lining gets inflamed and angry because of the acid. My pain spot of course hurts the whole time, and I get other symptoms like nausea and diarrhea, and for some reason pale stools as well (because of the pale stools, they thought it was my gallbladder when it first started happening, but my pain spot isn't in the exact area of my gallbladder, and my gallbladder itself is fine). Have you noticed it feeling worse with any particular foods, acidic foods like spaghetti sauce or orange juice? Or deep-fried foods?
I can totally relate to this. For me it starts as gerd reflux too and like lava boiling in stomach. I can litterly feel the mucus layer gets eaten away. Starts off with little stings and gnawing little bites. Then little needle burns... that expand after a while and develop into full lava burning in stomach. Do also have this burning sensation???
09-03-2017, 03:16 AM   #9
kenvh

My Support Groups:
Ps.... does motility drug help u like domperidone or other prokinetics??