Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Juicing » Veggies are out....what about juicing?

02-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #61
partlycloudy

My Support Groups:
It is said that a top quality juicer will remove many of the pesticides anyway in the waste fibre. Another good reason for investing in a good juicer.
Yes, I've read that and am interested in getting one if this works out for me. I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude before I spend the money for one of those top quality ones though. Another advantage is how quiet they are as my hubby works shift work so I can't crank up my helicopter-noise-level centrifugal juicer until he gets out of bed.
04-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #62
Ekaj

Well, once upon a time, there was a member here who believed Juicing was the answer to all chronie woes. Had he/she not been so militant about his beliefs perhaps we all could have learned something. It would be nice to read about juicing experiences without all that drama so I hope this thread continues in the present tone.

I guess we all need something silly to get angry about: politics, religion - for some it is juice.

Now soup... that's different. Soup matters.

- Trying two anti-inflammatory plants:
1) Boswellia Serrata
2) Andrographis
05-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #63
brieyourbest
Cimzia Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
This is a really helpful thread. My dad recently asked me about juicing and I told him that I had no idea... Now I do.

I really don't know what I am supposed to eat, drink or even how I am supposed to feel.

Ehh, this disease is annoying.
2 Corinthians 5:13 NLT
If it seems we are crazy, it is to bring glory to God. And if we are in our right minds, it is for your benefit.

Crohnie since 4/19/11

Laproscopic Ileotic Resection 11/23/11

Drugs:
I stopped taking everything. I'm a little fed up.

Visit My Crohn's Blog

YouTube: The Uncommon Flower
05-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #64
quirkysoul
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I got a juice last week, form an organic juicing company that is local. I was at our downtown farmer's market. I was sick within a short amount of time. Keep in mind, I'm undiagnosed, but this set me off. I felt like crap quickly. I absolutely love juicing, but it is too much on my system right now. : (
05-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #65
itman1958

Most vegetables are alkaline and its extremely difficult to maintain a balanced PH without them in your diet. Your PH is vital in maintaining the correct metabolic functioning in your cells. Juicing is a gateway to be able to bring healthy vegetables into your diet without all the cellulose. Drinking raw juice is a quicker and easier way to digest highly nutritious food and I for one suffer far less as a result.
I recommend the screw type juicer (such as an Omega) rather than the centrifugal type as these are a lot more efficient and allow you to juice green leafy vegetables such as Kale and Broccoli. They are also easier to clean than the centrifugal types.
By the way, don't think for one moment I can manage to drink green vegetables on their own but then that's the great thing about juicing, you can throw anything you like in to improve the taste such as apples, carrots, beetroot, just as long as you have the right kind of juicer.
08-17-2012, 06:27 PM   #66
mreyn

My Support Groups:
We bought a juicer specifically because of my sons Crohns, but the entire family joined him. It made a huge difference . We were juicing, and having smoothies for breakfast. We kind of backed off on it and now he's having a little trouble, so we're going back to juicing today. I found a great guy on youtube who has good videos of juicing. We try different things and I've read which veggies/fruits do what.. We've used kale, carrots, apples, ginger, cilantro, peaches, etc. they really helped all of our systems.
08-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #67
xmdmom

My Support Groups:
We bought an Omega 8004 juicer after my son was diagnosed with Crohn's. We make kale/chard + carrot + a small amount of apple + basil/parsley/cilantro. He seems to tolerate it well and likes the taste. I'm really happy he's able to have some fresh veggies in his diet. I did a lot of research and this type of juicer, the masticating type, is the best type for greens. It's also easy to clean.
08-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #68
bangarang

Juicer should be the #1 thing you buy after diagnosis. You need your vegetables quite dangerous having a diet without them.
08-20-2012, 08:36 PM   #69
tek254

When experiencing a flare, juicing is all i do and intake. Maintains a somewhat stable nutritional balance while alleviating the need for vitamins (pill form). To the point I have juicing books for ideas/tips. If you do decide to go this route, please do not skimp on price. Some of these are expensive, but with the workout chronies and IBD suffers put them through, it is well spent.
08-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #70
ThanksP

I've been juicing every day for over a year now. I can't go without it! I've never had so much energy and I've been lucky enough to be in remission since I started my juicing regimen. I can't say or not if the juicing got me into remission, but it most definitely has given me incredible energy (and hair, skin, and nails). I've even gotten my husband into it. In fact, he just brought me a juice he created as I was typing this.

Last edited by ThanksP; 08-21-2012 at 05:04 PM.
08-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #71
mreyn

My Support Groups:
Anyone care to share specific juice recipes? I follow Drew Canole, he has a youtube channel with different juices. His recipes are not crohns or IBD specific, just general recipes and he explains what things do like lemons are alkalizing, etc.
08-25-2012, 09:53 AM   #72
ttowntiger87

My Support Groups:
I have a friend that owns a Vitamix machine and swears by juicing. What does anyone think about the differences between a high end mixer like the Vitamix, and a Jucing machine? I am going to try juicing, but don't really know or understand which is better.

Diagnosed: April 2012 Crohn's Disease - Terminal Ileum/Illeocecal Valve
Hemochromatosis 4-11-14 Ankylosing Spondilitis 10-14 Hashimoto's disease 10-14

Medications:

1. First infusion of Remicade on 8-20-12
2. Stopped Remicade on 12-26-14
3. Started Cimzia in February of 15
4. Started Azathioprine - 2-7-14

Laparascopic Ileocolic Resection on 5-20-13

08-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #73
tek254

There are three "basic" styles of juice extractors. Centrifugal, Masticating, and Hydraulic Press. They each masticate the fruit/vegetable in a different way but will achieve the same results, roughly. If interested in pursuing any of these, take your time and do research. As for recipes, the sky the limit. My stand-by is 3 red apples, 1 green, 3-4 carrotts. Makes one glass.
08-25-2012, 11:39 AM   #74
Beach bum

My Support Groups:
I have found the recipes on here are very good and there is alot of advice about juicing and juicers on there aswell.

http://www.juicemaster.com/recipes/
Juicing every morning.
Taking vitamin D spray
Multi vits & iron
And Probio 7 probiotic.

Being given a "drugs rest" from Aza - 17/9/14
07-06-2014, 01:40 AM   #75
Jaron Smith

My Support Groups:
Hi,
I'm new here. A Crohn's Newb for 6 weeks and i've had some serious vegetable cravings but don'e have a juicer. I would buy one but I live in a foreign country and can't see investing the joey just to leave it behind when I leave.

I saw that many people have opted for buying pre made juices. What was the reaction? Gas? Diarrhea?

Also, as for soups that are being prepared, do most of you still avoid the "gassy" stuff (peas, broccoli, etc.)?

After you flareups subside, how many of you are able to return to salad and raw fruits?
11-07-2015, 01:49 AM   #76
vj156

Hello all,
Help please !
I have mild to moderate crohns . I constantly have symptôms of pain n nausea though my inflammation is normal .
I tried to have purple cabbage juice for the first time
adding carrot n Apple .i suffered thé worst pain on thé right side of my tummy n still feeling nauseous .
Not sûre If its because of thé cabbage .do i have to filter thé juice after blending in mixer .i dont use the juicer that filters thé fiber off .
Any suggestion or advise welcome .
Thanks
Vj
12-23-2015, 07:40 PM   #77
Josh

Hello all,
Help please !
I have mild to moderate crohns . I constantly have symptôms of pain n nausea though my inflammation is normal .
I tried to have purple cabbage juice for the first time
adding carrot n Apple .i suffered thé worst pain on thé right side of my tummy n still feeling nauseous .
Not sûre If its because of thé cabbage .do i have to filter thé juice after blending in mixer .i dont use the juicer that filters thé fiber off .
Any suggestion or advise welcome .
Thanks
Vj

are you blending the food up or actually juicing it? Im confused..
12-29-2015, 05:19 AM   #78
vj156

Hi

I think I am just blending them .I used raw cabbage,carrot and apple together and drank it straight away:-( So juicing means...without the fiber is it ???

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » Juicing » Veggies are out....what about juicing?