Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » What are your flare symptoms? Soothing methods?

11-11-2015, 07:28 PM   #1
Momoftwo

My Support Groups:
What are your flare symptoms? Soothing methods?

Just wanting to poll on the different symptoms each person with crohns experiences when they are going into a flare and what things you do at home to try and settle it down, thanks!
11-11-2015, 08:04 PM   #2
2010mustang

My Support Groups:
Ive been in a flare for 11 months. It has easier periods but have not gone symptom free yet. Before it gets bad i usually begin vomiting, upset stomach. Then within a week diarrheah and fever and chills. I take hot showers to rinse off dirt then take a hot bath and soak. Listen to some metal and eat alot of meals with potatoes eggs and easyily handeld foods. Rest and try not to over do it.
11-11-2015, 09:49 PM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Diarrhea, vomitting and loss of weight. Actually, each flare seems a little different.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
11-11-2015, 11:19 PM   #4
tots

My Support Groups:
I get period of diarrhea and horrible cramping they get closer together until I am in a full flare up.

I have been out of remission for 5 years, off and on periods of pain and cramping. Joint pain. I have not been symptom free, sometimes are worse than others.

I have also been on FMLA since 8-4-15 and go back to work in 4 days. Yikes!!

I use heating pads and hot showers/baths.

I hope you feel better soon.

Lauren

Diagnosed= 1992 and again Feb 2012 Confirmed with
CT enterography May 2015 !!

Waiting for the ok from my Ins company to restart Remicade. Will also start Imuron to get into remission!
I know it's out there somewhere and I WILL find it!

:

Ok, my family Dr told me to cut down on the stress- a husband, 3 kids, and 3 dogs!
11-11-2015, 11:19 PM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I get period of diarrhea and horrible cramping they get closer together until I am in a full flare up.

I have been out of remission for 5 years, off and on periods of pain and cramping. Joint pain. I have not been symptom free, sometimes are worse than others.

I have also been on FMLA since 8-4-15 and go back to work in 4 days. Yikes!!

I hope you feel better soon.

Lauren
Yes

11-11-2015, 11:44 PM   #6
Momoftwo

My Support Groups:
Thanks for commenting! It's all new to me.
11-12-2015, 03:46 PM   #7
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi i used heat pads, kept food to a minimum for a few days, soup toast just light foods little n often. Milk (full fat)if you can tolerate it as its a kinda food in its self. .I felt most comfortable curled up in a ball. Not the best look mind😅 but comfier.
Best wishes ❤
11-23-2015, 07:05 PM   #8
foxxie52

Blood in the stool, stomach cramps and the urgent need for the toilet with a seconds warning!

I find heatpacks help with the cramping.

11-23-2015, 10:00 PM   #9
teeny5

My Support Groups:
Diarrhea, pain after eating, pain in lower abdomen, sometimes nausea, exhaustion. I usually go to a liquid diet or to a bland diet I can tolerate. Hot baths seem to help soothe my guts. I tend to sleep a lot more when flaring. I also call my GI to get a stronger med right away as well and he then orders some tests and schedules an office visit.

Previous meds: Sulfasalazine, Asacol, Rowasa, Pentasa, Entocort.

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. -Ralph Waldo Emerson"

Crohn's Disease Forum » General IBD Discussion » Crohn's Polls » What are your flare symptoms? Soothing methods?