Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » About 5-ASA / Mesalazine / Pentasa / Asacol / Lialda and Like Formulations

12-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #31
Ozman

It treats stomach acid. It might help.
You mean I should stop omeprazole instead ? Could pentasa cause heart burn ? I never had before when my dose was lower but now after increasing the dose, my chest burns !
12-08-2015, 02:46 PM   #32
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I would definitely talk to your doctor. I am sorry. I don't always know the terms for medicines.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
12-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #33
buttER
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi Ozman
Do you take your pentasa at the end of a meal? That makes a big difference. I don't know what you were recommended, I take half my daily dose after breakfast and half after my evening meal.
I don't know how long you have been taking them, it might take your body a while to get used to them.
12-08-2015, 06:48 PM   #34
Ozman

Hi Ozman
Do you take your pentasa at the end of a meal? That makes a big difference. I don't know what you were recommended, I take half my daily dose after breakfast and half after my evening meal.
I don't know how long you have been taking them, it might take your body a while to get used to them.
Battling crohns disease for 4 years, first 3 years I had no flares no symptoms, took Pentasa Imuran with no issues, life was awesome, this year my calprotectin went outrageous, too much weightloss, joint ache, so for time being my doctor increased my pentasa from 4 tabs to 6 tabs a day, started taking pentomax (omeprazole) as well. Yea I take pentasa after meal. But dealing with very dry mouth, Heartburn & too much swallowing difficulty. All these symptoms gradually started (not in 1 day or week). Went to ENT for my restless jaw & swallowing issues, he said my throat looks fine I recently have symptoms of TMJ :'( Oh forgot to mention my allergies is super high (IgE is 150+ units). Can't take allergy meds cause of too dry mouth. I am super depressed .
12-08-2015, 07:15 PM   #35
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
We are the same here! I tend to just make sure they eat fruit and veg, I'm afraid I rarely seem to be organised enough to try new recipes, etc. We have a juicer so I try make a veg juice most days
Battling crohns disease for 4 years, first 3 years I had no flares no symptoms, took Pentasa Imuran with no issues, life was awesome, this year my calprotectin went outrageous, too much weightloss, joint ache, so for time being my doctor increased my pentasa from 4 tabs to 6 tabs a day, started taking pentomax (omeprazole) as well. Yea I take pentasa after meal. But dealing with very dry mouth, Heartburn & too much swallowing difficulty. All these symptoms gradually started (not in 1 day or week). Went to ENT for my restless jaw & swallowing issues, he said my throat looks fine I recently have symptoms of TMJ :'( Oh forgot to mention my allergies is super high (IgE is 150+ units). Can't take allergy meds cause of too dry mouth. I am super depressed .
I am sorry for what you are going through.

12-09-2015, 12:38 AM   #36
Ozman

I am sorry for what you are going through.
Any suggestions for allergies please ? And what about this sudden TMJ symptoms ?
12-09-2015, 12:44 AM   #37
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
What kind of allergies?

12-09-2015, 01:41 AM   #38
Ozman

What kind of allergies?
Food allergies, my immunoglobulin E is very high.
12-09-2015, 01:48 AM   #39
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Do a food diary to see which foods aggravate you.

12-09-2015, 06:21 AM   #40
Ozman

Do a food diary to see which foods aggravate you.
I ate everything with no symptoms at first but now I have itchy throat, nose, ears, feels like a glob of mucus stuck in the throat.
12-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #41
buttER
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Ozman, are you sure the IgE is due to food allergies? The most obvious causes would be allergies such as house dust mite/pollen/animal hair.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » 5-ASA/Mesalamine » About 5-ASA / Mesalazine / Pentasa / Asacol / Lialda and Like Formulations