Share Facebook

02-22-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
kimmidwife
Forum Monitor

Betaine HCL

With all the bad things coming out about PPIs and Zantac type meds I am looking to switch my daughter who has crohns and myself (no IBD just severe reflux issues) to a more natural way of treating it. I ordered a Betaine HCL 500mg supplement that also has fenugreek as we can't do one of the pepsin ones because they are made from pork which I am deadly allergic to.
I wanted to see if anyone else has tried this and what their experience has been.

Crohn's Dx'ed Sept 08
Allerg Imuran Sept 08
Fail Remicade Jan 09
Methotrex Oct 09-Aug 11
Pentasa stopped - nosebleeds
EENOct 31 - Nov 28th. Too hard!
Retried Remicade Dec 11
Stopped due 2 Anaphylactic Reaction
LDN Jan 2012-June 2014 Got My daughter back!
New secondary diagnosis: Gastroporesis Dec 2013
Lost remission June 2014
Started Entyvio April 2015. Decreased to every 4 weeks October 2015. Praying for remission.
06-21-2017, 06:23 AM   #2
madhammm

Hi There,

I have actually started on betaine hcl about 1.5 weeks ago. I have came off pentasa as well as azathioprine. The response seems to be good.

How was your experience? Did you manage to stay on remission?

Regards,
M

With all the bad things coming out about PPIs and Zantac type meds I am looking to switch my daughter who has crohns and myself (no IBD just severe reflux issues) to a more natural way of treating it. I ordered a Betaine HCL 500mg supplement that also has fenugreek as we can't do one of the pepsin ones because they are made from pork which I am deadly allergic to.
I wanted to see if anyone else has tried this and what their experience has been.