Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Appt today, still no answers

03-09-2016, 03:54 PM   #1
mandycraze

Appt today, still no answers

I went for results of my terminal ileum biopsy today. Dr said it shows acute and chronic inflammation, but did not offer DX. He wants me to stop taking ibuprofen, as I do take one 800mg tablet a day, as it can cause inflammation. He also has me doing an IBD differential blood draw (which I just finished and will hopefully be able to see those results tonight online). Then I go back in 3 months.

He did say my inflammation is where CD usually begins, which I knew. He also said due to family hx I am more likely to have it, which I already knew. Basically, I still know nothing. He said he wants to be certain it's not something else before he labels me with Crohn's, which is great, but frustrating. So very frustrating.

03-09-2016, 05:31 PM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Why do yes have to wait three months for your next appointment?
03-09-2016, 05:54 PM   #3
mandycraze

Why do yes have to wait three months for your next appointment?
That is what I would like to know as well. The only explanation I could think of is to allow my body time to adjust for no ibuprofen - in case that is the cause.

03-09-2016, 06:07 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
It seems like he would want to see you sooner. You said he wants you to stop the ibuprofen. I have been told the only OTC painkiller I can take is Tylenol.

03-09-2016, 06:37 PM   #5
mandycraze

Yes, he wants me to stop the ibuprofen and only use Tylenol. Which for me, does nothing.

03-09-2016, 07:24 PM   #6
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Ouch. I hope you get some answers soon.

03-09-2016, 10:23 PM   #7
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Big hugs
Unfortunately ibuprofen can cause a lot of Gi inflammation and raise fecal cal especially at 800 mg a day .
NSAIDs are a big NO for crohns patients as well
So either way it might be time to talk with the prescribing doc (ibuprofen ) as to what alternatives you can use .
Some are ok with tramadol and other meds
Hope it's as simple as no longer taking it
03-14-2016, 07:55 PM   #8
everthin
Banned

Hold on to yourself. If I take pain medicine I get more pain, nothing touches the pain, look into pain management in the meantime. Talk therapy works, I've been using exercise to deal with it, I get my worst pain later afternoon to early evening and although it doesn't really help, it's a distraction. Another thing I do for pain every single day is when I get home from work is a hot epsom salt bath, be careful with these but for me it's a 30 minute sweaty soaker, and I usually lose 1.5 lbs. of water weight, I rehydrate afterwards, and although it can hurt just as much to do the bath I usually get some relief, (not always, but I know sometimes I will) then I go to sleep with a heating pad on my chest on the lowest setting, this helps dull the pain to get me to sleep, and is a little relaxing too.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » Appt today, still no answers