• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Follow-up was not what I expected...

I had my follow-up appointment from my hospital stay from last month, recovering from C-Diff. Still on the Vanco taper for another 1 1/2 weeks. I have to submit another stool sample, improving there, but still concerning issues. GI ran lots of labs, etc...

What was concerning now though is that he is taking a look at Lupus as well as sending me to a surgeon for a consult for the right-sided pain. The pain has been going on for over two months, daily. Not sure if maybe it is scar tissue, or what. Also mentioned removing the gallbladder. It seems when one thing is wrong, there is always something more lurking, underlying to be found. The Lupus concern...I can be out in the sun 15- 20 minutes and get an extreme red rash that doesn't go away, joint pain always an issue, etc...

One auto-immune issue generally lead to others/connected to others? Crohns, Diabetes, Thyroid, Compression fractures in my back...life is too short, trudging on even through the storms...

Once you're on the autoimmunity road.......

It sucks, I know. I get the rash, too, unfortunately. Try not to get discouraged. A lot of our meds (mainly the biologics) cover other autoimmune disorders.

REALLY sorry you're dealing with C Diff.

Yes. I have more than one autoimmune disease. Crohn's Disease, hypothyroidism and psorasis.. I am sorry for all you are going through

Once you're on the autoimmunity road.......

It sucks, I know. I get the rash, too, unfortunately. Try not to get discouraged. A lot of our meds (mainly the biologics) cover other autoimmune disorders.

REALLY sorry you're dealing with C Diff.
I was just taken off of Stelara. That biologic plus some others are suppose to be good against psoriasis.

Test results did not come back good. I am absorbing it all right now, appointments to come, consults, etc...I will share soon. I have to discuss things with family. I am so far calmly okay, the reassurance from my relationship with Christ I am sure.

Test results did not come back good. I am absorbing it all right now, appointments to come, consults, etc...I will share soon. I have to discuss things with family. I am so far calmly okay, the reassurance from my relationship with Christ I am sure.
Amen

I am sorry your test results did not come back good.

Bufford

I had to come off of Remicade, as I developed Lupus like side effects from the bad reaction I never had before. I have the butterfly rash and one on my forehead. Sunlight for a few minutes makes the symptoms worse. Awful, my skin flakes off like snow, and abdominal pain. It's a guessing game to find a treatment that works.

My ANA titre results were positive, as well as the HLA B27, so now waiting on an appointment with a rheumatologist. In the meantime my physiatrist(sp) that takes care of all my joint issues has ordered more tests that follow-up those...took six vials. I also will be having a laparoscopic surgery on Thursday. I am ready for answers for this right sided pain that has been going on for over two months without relief. A bit nervous, want a normal life...

So sorry to hear about the results Lisadc1, hope these new tests give you answers so that you can get on a regimen and start feeling better soon.