• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone! My UC has been in remission for 4 years but decided to disrupt my life again last weekend. I joined SP to eat healthier and lose weight, but come to find out, the fruits, veggies, and whole grains I was eating are possibly responsible for my latest flare up. I'm looking for help and support.

some people do really well with a low residue diet.. I've started eating really healthy.. So my normal day looks like this.. I have a greek yogurt parfait(usually i put blueberries in it, then add a small amount of granola on top), lunch I have eggs cheese and a piece of toast.. Supper time I eat either a chicken filet or salmon(i like to marinate the salmon in teriyaki sauce) Then i sautee some kind of veggie, the more you cook it the easier it is to digest I've read.. I usually eat green beans or zucchini and then do matchstick carrots as well. I don't vary too much from that lately.. I'll switch up the proteins.. But basically I eat the protein then make sure to get some veggie. I usually eat the rest of the fruit cup that my kiddo doesn't eat, i try to take the skins off the fruit and veggies that I eat and that helps with digestion too from what I've read.

Hi Everyone! My UC has been in remission for 4 years but decided to disrupt my life again last weekend. I joined SP to eat healthier and lose weight, but come to find out, the fruits, veggies, and whole grains I was eating are possibly responsible for my latest flare up. I'm looking for help and support.
Hi yoursown. Sorry about the flare.

It seems everyone is different (those kinds of foods don't bother me; stress is my big trigger). But the high fiber stuff does seem to be a problem for some people. If you've changed your diet and had a flare, I would suggest changing back, then once things are settled down, slowly add new items to your diet and see what your reaction is. It is possible it is only a particular food or a particular amount (maybe you did too much, too quickly).

Yogurt does help my system. I also take a probiotic (I worked with my doctor in doing that), and that might also help.

Good luck.

Hi yoursown. Sorry about the flare.

It seems everyone is different (those kinds of foods don't bother me; stress is my big trigger). But the high fiber stuff does seem to be a problem for some people. If you've changed your diet and had a flare, I would suggest changing back, then once things are settled down, slowly add new items to your diet and see what your reaction is. It is possible it is only a particular food or a particular amount (maybe you did too much, too quickly).

Yogurt does help my system. I also take a probiotic (I worked with my doctor in doing that), and that might also help.

Good luck.
I agree