Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Bad night and bad beginning to my day

03-19-2016, 11:38 AM   #1
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Bad night and bad beginning to my day

I gave up Larabars for a while because I thgiught the nuts were causing problems for my stomach. I tried them again last night and my stomach has been terrible. I hope I give them up this time.
03-19-2016, 11:40 AM   #2
scottsma

My Support Groups:
We're all guilty of taking risks Ron.Feel better soon,and don't be tempted again will you?
03-19-2016, 12:39 PM   #3
Trysha

My Support Groups:
If you like nuts it might be better to try the nut butters...I found I could get away with those
It may be you have an allergy to that type of nut also.
I am not familiar with Larabars so can't comment on the formulation....might be something else in them that causes your discomfort.
Feel better soon
Trysha
03-19-2016, 01:29 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks everyone. I know I do a smoothie that has peanuts in it and don't have a problem.
03-19-2016, 02:56 PM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
We're all guilty of taking risks Ron.Feel better soon,and don't be tempted again will you?
No, I won't.

03-19-2016, 03:07 PM   #6
Agent X20

My Support Groups:
Hi, Ron
I love nuts, but I've sadly come to the conclusion that I just can't eat them. I've tried to convince myself that they don't taste that good. Ice cream is my thing at the moment if I fancy a treat, it just melts in my stomach and doesn't seem to cause any ill effects (so far). Hope you feel better soon.
03-19-2016, 03:08 PM   #7
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks

03-19-2016, 03:19 PM   #8
Eridon2002

My Support Groups:
That's a bummer Ron. Larabars are pretty clean ingredient-wise. However, they are higher in fiber and, depending on the type, can be high in FODMAPs(like dates and cherries). Do you have stomach problems when you eat just plain nuts? I used to eat the Nature Valley Granola bars all the time but haven't had them in years. Wonder what they would do to me now? Don't know if I want to risk it.
03-19-2016, 03:21 PM   #9
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
What is FDDMAPs?

03-19-2016, 03:30 PM   #10
Eridon2002

My Support Groups:
FODMAPS is an acronym for a grouping of sugars that are hard to digest and cause some people problems. I think there are 5 groups of these sugars. It's rather complex since how people are affected can vary greatly. For example some people have problems with all 5 groups while others have a problem with only 1 or 2. Also, how they affect you depends on amount of FODMAPs eaten and which group. For me, there are some that give me problems no matter how much I have(such as the polyols-xylitol and mannitol) and others I have to eat more for them to impact me negatively(like fructans). It is difficult to tease out which group affects your since some (like apples) fall in multiple categories.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FODMAP
03-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #11
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks

03-19-2016, 09:32 PM   #12
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I think I might have had the wrong culprit. I had some hard boiled eggs and some stll had some of the shells with
03-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #13
Bufford

My Support Groups:
I loved nuts, but now I cannot tollerate them, intollerance developed over time. I get a lot of cramping, gas and pale stool when I have had them. Its too bad, when I was younger nuts were one of my favorites.
Having said that, watch those egg shells, it could be what is behind your bad spell.
03-20-2016, 01:11 PM   #14
scottsma

My Support Groups:
I eat raw nuts and seeds daily.But I chew the nuts to a paste and only have a handful.
If I eat roasted salted peanuts,then I have BIG trouble.
03-20-2016, 01:24 PM   #15
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Maybe that is why I can handle peanuts in a smoothie.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Bad night and bad beginning to my day