Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » InstantCoffee Log, rather than bloat the weight gain thread.

06-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #91
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
Well I'm still clearly flaring even if I don't eat steak. I'm thinking back over recent changes. I started drinking tap water at work instead of bottled. I haven't had as many pumpkin seeds or zinc containing supplements, and I've discontinued my r-lipoic acid.

I think it might be time for another intermittent fasting phase to get things back in order so I can move forward.

I'm gonna pick up some more sauerkraut and start my plan of attack.
I'm my own guinea pig.
My log with studies, journal of my experiments:
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=72046
My Blog
https://beyondtheoddsfitness.wordpress.com/
06-08-2016, 01:04 PM   #92
Beach
Forum Monitor

Sorry things are not working out at the moment. Keep up the good fight. I'm sure you will get things back under control and moving forward once again soon enough.

I recently began drinking tap water once again. This was after a long absence of doing so. Things health wise have been progressively positively for me. I was nervous about the change. Happily so far the tap water doesn't appear to be a problem for me and my gut. It has been around 2 weeks since I made this water change, so it is something I still think of, with the long duration it takes to heal or conversely become ill. At least I suspect that is how it works for me.

Good luck once again.
06-08-2016, 01:48 PM   #93
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
Sorry things are not working out at the moment. Keep up the good fight. I'm sure you will get things back under control and moving forward once again soon enough.

I recently began drinking tap water once again. This was after a long absence of doing so. Things health wise have been progressively positively for me. I was nervous about the change. Happily so far the tap water doesn't appear to be a problem for me and my gut. It has been around 2 weeks since I made this water change, so it is something I still think of, with the long duration it takes to heal or conversely become ill. At least I suspect that is how it works for me.

Good luck once again.
I worry a lot about the plumbing, toxins, metals etc. in certain buildings and neighborhoods. Too much, or too little, bacterias, etc. everything is a potential cause for concern.

It's unfortunate it's so cost prohibitive to get good water testing done.
06-08-2016, 07:00 PM   #94
likeleaves

vegetables must aggravate your system very severely - otherwise why leave them out so remarkably?
06-09-2016, 08:48 AM   #95
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
vegetables must aggravate your system very severely - otherwise why leave them out so remarkably?
I'm not so sure it's that. Certain ones do and certain ones don't. It seems like something has sent me on a crash course with a flare because it's been downhill since a few months back when I started to increase my intake of oats and I went from tolerating them well to not tolerating them at all.
06-09-2016, 09:03 AM   #96
Eridon2002

My Support Groups:
Well I'm still clearly flaring even if I don't eat steak. I'm thinking back over recent changes. I started drinking tap water at work instead of bottled. I haven't had as many pumpkin seeds or zinc containing supplements, and I've discontinued my r-lipoic acid.

I think it might be time for another intermittent fasting phase to get things back in order so I can move forward.

I'm gonna pick up some more sauerkraut and start my plan of attack.
I'm curious what brand of sauerkraut you buy? I thought most sauerkraut/fermented vegetables at the grocery store have been pasteurized thus killing off the good bacteria? I am thinking about making some at home since it is an easy procedure. I have had good luck with homemade kefir and yogurt and want to add fermented veggies to my list.
06-09-2016, 04:35 PM   #97
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
I'm curious what brand of sauerkraut you buy? I thought most sauerkraut/fermented vegetables at the grocery store have been pasteurized thus killing off the good bacteria? I am thinking about making some at home since it is an easy procedure. I have had good luck with homemade kefir and yogurt and want to add fermented veggies to my list.
Bubbies, I get it at a health food store, it's expensive but I can tell it's good stuff, I always feel better after eating it. I just wish I liked it.

You can make your own too but I've never done it without it getting fungus.
06-14-2016, 07:16 AM   #98
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
Crohn's is finally coming under control this week, I don't know what worked because I carpet bombed it.

-Sauerkraut with supper every day
-Fulvic acid
-DMSO cream twice a day
-Taurine
-R-lipoic acid
-Stopped eating steak
-Fasting 16 hours a day
-Stopped chewing gum
-Stopped drinking tap water at work
-100mg zinc / day (diarrhea is both caused by and exacerbates zinc deficiency)
-75mg vitamin b6 / day
-S. boulardii and acidophilus probiotics
-Collagen chews
-Hibiscus tea
-andrographis + siberian ginseng

Things I was doing before the flare I continued so I can't really attribute success to them but they might have helped:
-psyllium
-diatomaceous earth
-bentonite clay
-POM juice (slightly increased intake)

I really think the sauerkraut might be a bit of a silver bullet in this arsenal. I wish I liked it more, I really should be eating it every day, at least 1 cup.

I'm also worried that experimenting with betaine hcl and digestive enzymes might have prompted the flare.

Last edited by InstantCoffee; 06-14-2016 at 08:52 AM.
06-22-2016, 07:08 AM   #99
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
I was pretty bad this weekend but pulled out of it. I bought Boswellia and Cat's Claw on Friday, it gave me issues that night so I skipped it the next day and tried just Cat's Claw the next morning because I've taken cat's claw with no problem in the past by the same brand. I had a family thing and ended up in the bathroom the whole time and left early.

I tried just Boswelia the next day (monday) and it was fine so I continued Boswelia.

Currently on:
-Intermittent fast
-Boswellia + Turmeric extract from NOW foods, not sure dose, 2 pills twice a day
-100mg zinc piccolonate
-1000mg taurine
-15000 iu vitamin D
-sauerkraut with dinner every night
-andrographis blend with siberian ginseng and elderberries twice a day
-DMSO cream every night before bed

I had a large new-york strip steak wrapped in an entire pack of bacon last night. My stomach wasn't happy, but not in a Crohn's way, more in the way you'd expect from eating that food as a healthy person lol.

My dinner is usually a large portion of meat (chicken, salmon, steak) and sometimes eggs, a protein shake, a glass of POM for potassium, sauerkraut, and some kayle. I'm going to slowly start expanding the fruit and vegetable portion of it.
06-27-2016, 07:37 AM   #100
Beach
Forum Monitor

Hope you are feeling better and getting some relief with current ideas. The mention of boswella gave me a chuckle. The vitamin shop I frequent has a salesman that pushes the herb. The moment I walk in he greets me, and goes on and on about boswella. One of these days he is likely to break me down and I'll pick up a bottle to try. I figure he is getting commission.

I've been feeling to well to find the need to try it though. Healing is slow though which is frustrating.

I read something interesting about sauerkraut. Some consider sauerkraut the first known cure for the vitamin C deficiency disease scurvy. Scurvy is known for causing bleeding in the gums and elsewhere, along with leading to a weekend immune system, leading to many infectious diseases. The famous English captain Cook brought sauerkraut onto his ships of exploration. As a result no one died from deadly scurvy.

Hard to believe how many sailors died from vitamin C defiency before it discovered that mostly fresh fruits and vegetables was the cause. Some estimated up to 2 million sailors perished from the nutritional deficiency. Before the discovery, European Admiralties would over load their war ships with sailors knowing that up to a quarter or more would die from scurvy. Just as many could be crippled and unable to work due to the deficiency.

What we call vitamin C, found in vitamin pills, does not cure scurvy.

Anyway, bit of a ramble with that. Hope you are making progress and moving forward.
07-01-2016, 02:31 PM   #101
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
Boswellia is interesting, it's listed on the University of Maryland Medical Center's site under Crohns.
http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed...crohns-disease

I am worried about the not using it for more than 1-2 months thing.

Here's a study on it http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11215357

The study confirms that therapy with H15 is not inferior to mesalazine.
This study showed no benefit over placebo but also no adverse effects
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20848527

This site http://www.lifeextension.com/protoco...isease/page-06 says
Resin from the Boswellia genus of tree contains a powerful anti-inflammatory compound called acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid (AKBA).
and mentions these trials, also mentions
An improved extract called AprèsFlex™, or Aflapin®, which combines AKBA with other non-volatile boswellia oils, demonstrated improved anti-inflammatory activity at a lower concentration when compared to other preparations standardized to the same percentage of AKBA (Sengupta 2011).
It's definitely interesting.

The vitamin C required to prevent scurvy is very small, like lettuce leaves per week small. Preservation was of course the problem. That's why people rarely get it anymore, you'd need to be on an almost entirely meat and sugar diet.

I'm definitely doing better this week. No more diarrhea, but still some cramping, bloating and pain.

My cycling has improved by a lot, I can almost make it up a big hill without a break, and my legs feel tired at the end instead of my heart and lungs feeling like they're going to explode.

I've been on and off intermittent fasting and most days I have steak and sauerkraut with a bit of kayle for supper then wash it down with a chocolate shake of some sort.

Something been upsetting me a bit the past couple days, I think it's one of my snack foods or the chewing gum, I'll find out soon enough.

I need to order more fulvic acid but I just got hit with a ticket for late registration, which means I had to pay for emissions to pass then registration, my car tax came in and my cell phone bill needs to be renewed and after all that I need to have enough in the bank for car payment + student loan by the 14th and still have food to eat and buy gas.

Ah life.
07-01-2016, 05:23 PM   #102
Beach
Forum Monitor

Fantastic, glad to hear you are feeling better! Hope the improved health continues along with the bike rides.

I have poor energy issues. That's my main problem most of the time. Often I can push through the problem when riding a bike and playing a sport but that is painful and unpleasant.

Happily my energy the last few days has been pretty darn good. So to get rid of this problem a tennis hitting friend has suggested this summer if I should ever feel well and energetic to tell him. We would then hit tennis balls all the time. With the holiday here we are planning to hit 3 days this holiday weekend. It's going to be fun,... the first day and a half, and I suspect after that I will be complaining loudly.

Thanks for the information on Boswellia. One of these days I'm liable to give in to the sales rep at Vitamin World and give it a try. He's talented. I figure once he finishes college he'll make some firm a good salesman.

Best with the mountain of bills. That would be frustrating. And hope you have a chance to pick up some fulvic acid. I read good things about fulvic acid in the past.

For me I'll drink a little Willards water from time to time. I believe it is high in fulvic acid along with other items. I don't know if it is doing me any good, but the stomach is well enough so I continue to take it.
07-11-2016, 08:35 AM   #103
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
I don't think I could handle 3 days back to back of physical activity yet. Hopefully soon.

Tried making cauliflower bread grilled cheese. Looks like cauliflower is a no-go for me, oh well, I tried.

Also tried onion flakes on my steak which didn't work. I think the reason the onion powder is okay is because it's so old it's no longer onion powder, it's just bacterial culture lol. Idk how long it's been in the pantry.

I'm going to probably go back to a semi-ketogenic diet for a while with some leafy greens tossed in. It seems like all the fruits and vegetables I used to be okay with are no longer okay. I think it's time for a reset to just purely safe foods and taking psyllium twice daily to replenish the fiber-fed gut flora.

I'm almost out of Boswellia so I'm going to cycle off it for at least a month as recommended. I'm thinking of trying Astragalus next.
07-11-2016, 04:23 PM   #104
Beach
Forum Monitor

Ah, sounds like the Japanese aged garlic/ onion products Kyolic. I took Kyolic not that long ago to see if it would help me. I suspect the opposite occurred. Aged or fresh, the onion genus family is currently on my avoid list.

I'm in a bizarro world at the moment. I have periods of experiencing far to much energy, to the point that I need to exercise. Typically lifting weights overly exhausts me. Now I'm beginning to suspect weight lifting provides an energy pick me up. Very odd change of events. This to much energy issue should be taken care of in a few days. I'm playing tennis Wednesday evening in 100F degree weather with a guy that has 3 daughters that are driving him insane. I'll have to come up with a plan to distract him, as the more he mumbles about daughters, the harder to runs me around.

Good luck with the Keto diet. Hope it gets you feeling better soon.
07-28-2016, 10:22 AM   #105
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
I think my stomach has finally rejected coffee.

I don't know if there's anything left to live for now...

I have a bunch of login names to get changed.
07-28-2016, 10:23 AM   #106
theseawillrise

What happened?
07-28-2016, 10:29 AM   #107
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
What happened?
I've been getting stomach upset starting around lunch time and continuing through the day.

I started the process of elimination taking out seasonings, coconut oil, milk etc.

I was fasting one day and it happened shortly after my second cup of coffee (around mid day) so I narrowed it down to:
-milk (possibly just the special Fairlife I was drinking)
-coffee
-the bottled water
-my mug possibly leaking chemicals?

Anyway, I avoided all of those yesterday, then tried milk before bed, woke up fine, had a cup of coffee, boom stomach upset.

I've tried 3 different brands of instant coffee and same thing each time.
07-28-2016, 11:07 AM   #108
Beach
Forum Monitor

Yikes! I'm not a coffee drinker myself, but know some who are and would be terrified being around that person for long if that person didn't drink their coffee.

I just mention this as a friendly idea. I've noticed for me, some exercises cause stomach problems. The stomach issue will typically happen within 24 hour or more after the exercise.

I remember you mentioning that you bike ride for fun. Bicycle riding causing my stomach problems. Stomach crunches are another exercise that worry me. I consider them a 2 day flare in the making. If not tried already, you might laying off bike rides for a week or so to see if it helps. Just an idea. Hope you feel better soon!
08-01-2016, 05:44 AM   #109
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
I haven't even gotten to do any exercise because I've been too sick but I generally feel fine after working out.

I cut coffee Thursday, still no withdrawal symptoms, I feel much better both physically and mentally. Maybe it's for the better.

I just went on a literal 'long walk on the beach' date yesterday and feel great other than sore legs. We probably walked a few miles, was out from 11:40ish to 5:40 in the afternoon just walking most of the time.

I also can have my cookies again which I thought were making me sick - but I always dunked them in coffee, so things are starting to make sense.

I just don't understand why what I can consume is constantly changing, it worries me because I seem to lose more options than I gain.
08-01-2016, 06:24 AM   #110
Beach
Forum Monitor

Yeah, these are terribly frustrating disease. There are times I can understand why the old doctors would consult with the planets and stars to give a diagnosis and patients apparently believed. Maybe the moon's orbit is out of place leading to health issues? I say that jokingly of course. I was reading in an older book on how in the middle ages doctors when giving a diagnosis would check the stars and planets. How we think of and define diseases today could be thought of differently back then.

I'm a bit in a similar situation at the moment. I had great energy for awhile. It was wonderful fun having that. Then had a problem with the gut. Relatively mild problem but caused me to think about a few things. It caused me to add grass fed beef to the diet. And now the energy has gone. I thought today I will remove the beef from the diet, see if the energy returns on the fish diet by some point in the week. I'm wondering now if the attack I experienced was due to something else, such as to fiber, to such starch for bacteria/fungus to feed on, if Venus and Jupiter were in alinement that day. Grrrr.....
08-04-2016, 10:29 AM   #111
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
Worshiping the sun would get me about the same effective treatment I've had since 2010 from medical doctors with a lower price tag.

I really wish they would put more emphasis on understanding why food influences Crohn's so heavily and how we can use it to our advantage in a comprehensive way. Until we have a cure it's really the key to managing symptoms for many people, for it to be so poorly researched compared to things like genetic markers and biologics is outrageous, but they can't patent and sell you a diet like they can a pill.

It's a week now since I quit coffee and I think the most bizarre thing is the complete lack of withdrawal symptoms. No headaches or anything I usually associate with quitting coffee.

Things have been much better controlled lately.
08-04-2016, 03:02 PM   #112
Beach
Forum Monitor

Agree, it is frustrating that more hasn't been done researching and advising on dietary ideas for IBD conditions. From what I read It's one of those fuzzy areas of health care. There is little incentive to research much into, and without clear cut, step by step guidance on management many patients with our conditions take a pass on diet ideas.

I've improved my situation with dietary ideas though. I wish I was better, but I do what I can.

As last mentioned I was planning to back track, and return to a wild caught fish diet idea in hopes of regaining energy. So far so good. My energy levels are going back up. Grass fed beef is out of the diet and wild caught salmon with grass fed Irish cheese back in.

The last flare I had was unexpected. It was one of those scary types too, it was short lived but intense for a few hours. It has me puzzled a bit but remembered a new food I ate that day, cantaloupe. I know that pumpkin seeds are a big scary problem. Maybe all melons are off limits. I'm going with that theory. Anyway, bit of a ramble, but I'm glad the energy seems to be returning once again. Lots of questions remain but I'm pleased at the direction I'm heading.

Glad you are doing better and withdrawals not an issue with removing coffee. Hope things settle down and stabilize with that change.
08-16-2016, 12:01 PM   #113
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
Guess I need a name change. My stomach has flip-flopped, I can drink regular coffee but not instant.

My HS is flaring on my face and I had to shave my beard I'd been growing for months. I hope the girl I met doesn't mind if I look completely different on our second date lol.

I'm be really weary of fish diets, they're full of heavy metals that can exacerbate Crohn's and psychological conditions, on top of who knows how many other toxins. Wild caught doesn't really help with that as far as I'm aware.

I think part of the reason fish helps so much is because animal fat is full of arachidonic acid and other pro-inflammatory compounds and fish is very low in fat. It's really hard for Crohn's patients to reduce animal meat consumption because of their diet so fish is one way for them to maintain protein and calorie intake without a large amount of inflammatory saturated fats.

This is why I really wish I could tolerate enough foods to try a full vegetarian diet.
08-16-2016, 01:29 PM   #114
Beach
Forum Monitor

These IBD conditions really can have an effect on our appearance at times. It certainly can effect me. I was reading an article in the Dailymail yesterday about a model. She was a lovely looking girl naturally, developed UC, which she then received medication that resulted in her putting on a good amount of weight. She still looked great, but was fearful her modeling days were behind her. These disease really put the wear and tear on our bodies.

Ah, don't worry about me and the fish diet. It's working for me. I'm of course concerned about toxins and have read up on the topic. It is a big concern for many I realize. I've read too some believe it to be an over blown topic. The Japanese writers bring this up, the overblown part with their heavy fish and sea food diets.

With my consideration I'm hoping to be on the fish diet for as short of period of time. I don't like fish all that much! It's one of those outside of the box ideas. The main theory I have for me concerns the possibility that what ever the animal is eating could show up in the meat and effect me.

The good news for me is that while on this fish diet I have periods of much better energy. Being fatigued has been a huge issue for me. I also have periods of looking healthier. I lost some weight also which in my case is a positive. I also have a finger nail that used to be pitted and looked terrible. Now the finger nail looks great. No pitting to be seen now. So some good is going on I suspect. (At least my doctor would look at my finger nails. I'm not sure what he was up to with that, he never said, but have read that unhealthy looking finger nails can indicate health issues. Then again it has crossed my mind that my doctor could own a nail saloon outside of hospital work. Never did ask him about that.

I tried adding beef back into the diet a few weeks ago. It didn't work for me. It has me thinking two things, either my theory that I'm currently working on and why I'm eating fish, is correct Then again it simply could be that I have a problem with beef and potentially dairy products. I've avoided beef and dairy in the past but possibly didn't avoid long enough. Hmmm... Anyway something else for me to ponder on.

Good luck with the vegetarian diet. Hope you have a chance to give it a go and it helps greatly!

Arachidonic acid isn't a word I have heard in awhile. In a former life I used to work with different natural oil. I'm playing tennis tomorrow night with a lab chemist that used to test for the presence of different fatty lipids. Now he works in food safety. I'll probably get to hear about the latest potential food terrorist activity.
08-17-2016, 07:45 AM   #115
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
Yeah, it's not a big deal to have to shave the beard, it grows back pretty fast but y'know, there's the awkward in-between stages and stuff, at least I'm not one of those people that only looks right with a beard.

It's a pretty big difference though.
http://i.imgur.com/HLAmHYum.jpg
to
http://i.imgur.com/pHEaNoJm.jpg

The HS is improving, I've been using hydracolloid bandages which usually cause the skin to dissolve so I can drain it, but instead when I pulled it off it had shrunk and there was no drainage. Somehow it only seems to open up the skin on very unhealthy, near-surface lesions. Now there's still clearly inflammation but no signs of fluid.

I've been taking zinc, magnesium, vitamin A and Lysine daily, but the lysine and A are most new so I think they're likely the ones most responsible for its shrinking. That and possibly reducing my skin-care routine. It flared after I started using rosehip oil to reduce the scarring in the area. I've noticed certain skin care products that are otherwise okay for my skin will cause the areas on my jaw that are scarred to itch and become inflamed, it's pretty bizarre.

I wonder if there's something to the fish. When I recovered several times it was on a high tuna and salmon diet. Maybe it's the omega 3s in fish oil, or the vitamin A?

I've also heard theories that sometimes introducing heavy metals to the body can introduce short-term relief despite causing long-term problems, but I'm not sure, a lot of the chelation therapy people are very pseudo-sciencey and too bent on pushing an agenda without facts.

How was your beef prepared? Was there seasoning added? How well done was it? I've found overcooked / seared beef can be a problem for me if I'm already experiencing minor symptoms.

What I'm hearing about Arachidonic acid is troubling. It seems to be one of if not the compound in saturated fats that makes them so bad for you. Especially because it means no vegetable oils which makes cooking harder too. Gonna have to stock up on no-stick pans and find a bunch of meals that don't need to be heated if I do go vegetarian.

My plan is to find some kind of lentil-like food I can tolerate and force feed myself rice and chickpeas until I find a way to prepare them I can tolerate. I'm thinking of getting a food processor to make my own hummus.

Ideally, in a perfect world, if it works I will hopefully regain the ability to tolerate more spices so I can make vegetarian dishes more palatable as spices are the key.

Have fun with your tennis. Don't let the food terrorists bite.
08-17-2016, 09:18 AM   #116
Beach
Forum Monitor

That is quite a change in appearance. Looks good. For me I've been known to joke that if it is ever necessary i could be quite the robber. At least my appearance can change significantly even to the point that my eye color goes from bright blue to greenish brown. They would never pick me out of a line up! Hopefully it will never come to that point but it could be a potential upside to having colitis I joke.

I try not to think to much about why the fish diet is helping. There are several potential reasons I've thought, from the food wild fish eat, to the nutrients found in fish. I know selenium is one benefit sometimes written about. What ever it is, my hope is to grow stronger and eventually add further to my diet.

Coming out of the starting gate with adding foods I bombed. The grass fed beef wasn't spiced. I kept it plain with only kosher salt sprinkled onto it. It does have me thinking about beef and dairy products though to some extent. I eat wild fish but also eat grass fed Irish cheese. Basically I'll eat Kerry Gold cheese on a regular bases. So maybe aged fermented dairy isn't an issue. I don't know. I know very well what will happen if I begin eating all bird foods, such as eggs, chicken meat, turkey. I'll be sick to the stomach. My energy levels will be decent though. It's another oddity. Maybe if I stuck with the bird diet longer the gut will heal. I've found it to easy for me to over analyze.

Anyway, I'm making progress with what is important to me, gut better, and more energy most of the time. Hopefully I'll get something sorted out this year. Next new food added to the diet should be in another month.

Thanks, tennis will be great tonight. The biggest worry is the blowing wind. The courts are near the university pig farm, and when the wind blows from the south.....
08-17-2016, 09:49 AM   #117
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
I've heard a bit about selenium too. Apparently it helps bind to the mercury in fish and make it less toxic or something. It's also very important for hormone regulation.
However I found this
Selenium intakes in North America, even in low-selenium regions, are well above the RDA [18,19]. However, people in some other countries whose diet consists primarily of vegetables grown in low-selenium areas are at risk of deficiency [6]
However Crohn's has been linked to low selenium and glutathione peroxidase which is an important anti-oxidant enzyme, and crohn's symptoms have been strongly correlated with oxidative stress
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1415013

I have never had a diet that started off making me sick and 'got better'. I guess fiber KIND OF. I needed to keep it really small and build up or I'd end up running to the bathroom and feeling a bit off but never really sick-sick.

Every time I tried something that started making me sick and stuck it out, it always got worse. Veganism, garlic when I couldn't tolerate it, oats, etc. If poultry doesn't agree with you I would just avoid it, but it's definitely interesting to note. I'd love to understand the mechanism behind it.

What about pork products? They are the most likely to disagree with people from my understanding and many traditional doctors from eastern medicine recommend it as a first thing to eliminate for conditions like IBD.
08-17-2016, 02:12 PM   #118
Beach
Forum Monitor

Pork is a problem food for me. It's a delayed problem also. It takes around a week or two of eating pork for this to occur. What occurs is my gums will swell up painfully and bleed a good amount. This is a consistent result. it's happened several times. I don't recall what my energy levels were like when eating pork. My gut was in decent shape I recall. With the recent poor showing with beef, I'll likely try eating pork once again at some point, watching my energy levels. If they remain good I'll see what I can do to avoid the gum issue - and not schedule any dental appointments during this time. Dental hygienists panic at the sight of swelled up gums, and no amount of explaining that it was the pork that caused it will be believed.

I'm feeling like a thread stealer at this point. My apologies for all of my writing. Hope you get yourself back on track, feel better with the gut soon. These diets for IBD conditions can be a real headache, as I've discovered. Good luck.

On leaving, for laughs I'll mention a book I recently ordered. I've heard over the years of people that reportedly can live on sunlight. They eat no food, drink no water, reportedly. Doctors have reportedly studied them too and found them mysteries. And as can be expect such people are typically found in countries were mysticism is more common. Well, I learned of a German scientist that reportedly lived on light for a time, and wrote a book about his experience. Yes! My stomach problems are solved. I'll give up this problematic eating food, and live on sunlight, pixie dust and rainbows.

The book can be seen here:

Life from Light: Is it possible to live without food?<BR>A scientist reports on his experiences

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/19...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm leaving soon for Florida to put this idea into practice. And if I find myself hungry and eat, I plan to remain in Florida soaking up the winter sun regardless.
08-17-2016, 06:11 PM   #119
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
It's cool, the more I can understand other peoples' experience with diet the better I can try to piece things together.
08-17-2016, 08:14 PM   #120
Beach
Forum Monitor

That's good. I can ramble on about myself to much at times it seems. Awesome tennis tonight! That was undoubtably the hardest and most consistent I've hit tennis balls in a decade. All good.

With diet and gut health I believe I can white lie to myself about how I'm improving and doing better. It isn't easy to determine progress. It's hard to lie about sports. You're either strong and doing well or you are not. At least that is my opinion. Even had a few spectators watching this evening.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Diet, Fitness, and Supplements » InstantCoffee Log, rather than bloat the weight gain thread.