• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Worried and need someone to talk to (neck lump)

So...I'm one of those horrible members who only comes on here for moral support when I have worries and have no idea who to talk to.

Anyway, I'm on Remicade and I found a lump in my neck. I went for blood work yesterday and am waiting to have an ultrasound booked. I'm scared out of my mind. Praying that it's just a cyst.

Has anyone else had something like this? My worry is expounded by the fast that I've been having lots of headaches and tingling. I'm trying not to read much...but it's hard not to.

I'm a young mom with 4 beautiful kiddos between 7 and 1 yr.

Am I crazy to be scared?

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
First off, hope testing comes out ok.

Where on your next is the lump? Is it painful at all? Could be any number of things.......please let us know how you make out, you have a great support group here!

It's right above my collar bone below my ear. I know that worrying isn't going to change anything. And you're right it could be a number of things, but until I know it's not lymphoma....I'm not sure I cannot worry. 😜
I've also been having a lot of migraines and tingling/numbness.

In some ways, I think I'm the most worried about putting my family though something again. My surgery was only 2 years ago.

My U/S was booked for June 21st! I called and said I couldn't worry for that long...was able to get it moved to May 27th.

Usually lab results are in in about a week.

I had a lump under my arm last summer and I worried just like you. I am on Humira, so of course a lump worried me. I went for the ultrasound and bloodworm and it turned out to be fine. What has your dr said? When I had my lump, my dr gave me his opinion which helped me.

Either way it's not easy, coming to this site for support is always great, the people here are fantastic, positive and a fountain of useful information.

Let us know how things go, I will send positive vibes your way!

So...I'm one of those horrible members who only comes on here for moral support when I have worries and have no idea who to talk to.

Anyway, I'm on Remicade and I found a lump in my neck. I went for blood work yesterday and am waiting to have an ultrasound booked. I'm scared out of my mind. Praying that it's just a cyst.

Has anyone else had something like this? My worry is expounded by the fast that I've been having lots of headaches and tingling. I'm trying not to read much...but it's hard not to.

I'm a young mom with 4 beautiful kiddos between 7 and 1 yr.

Am I crazy to be scared?
Only crazies are -not- scared

My son had a lump under his chin, dr said it was a lymph node. Scared us quite a bit, as he is on Remicade as well..always something *sigh*

What did it turn out to be Lenny?

I avoided Remicade for 6 years. The risk didn't outweigh the benefits for me...until i ended up sick and in the hospital for months. Even after that and surgery I thought I'd try without it,but then Crohns reared its ugly head 5 months later.

I had this quite soon after I was diagnosed, had blood work and a biopsy ultrasound. It was just a cyst from the stress! Comes and goes still every now and then but not as large as before! Hope the US goes well! 😊

I used to work in a Drs office.

Anytime lab work was abnormal the lab would get the results to the dr asap.

I drew blood for a routine phx, by the time I came in the next morning the pt was already in the hosp.

So don't worry to much yet, I am praying your all ok!

Lauren

I'm more convinced it's a cyst now, but my mind went crazy those first few days!
Just waiting for results now.
Tots-sadly things don't work that fast in Canada. It can take a couple of weeks for Drs to get the results back. 🙁

Hi! I'm new to this site as well! My boyfriend recently found a lump on his neck as well, it hurts when he eats and he's been on Remicade and Humira for almost a year. I do the same thing, worry worry worry about the worst! Thoughts and prayers are with you! Send some good vibes our way as well. We're waiting on ultrasound and blood work as well...

Hi! I'm new to this site as well! My boyfriend recently found a lump on his neck as well, it hurts when he eats and he's been on Remicade and Humira for almost a year. I do the same thing, worry worry worry about the worst! Thoughts and prayers are with you! Send some good vibes our way as well. We're waiting on ultrasound and blood work as well...
Best to you.

Hey I just Joined and say this post. I do have a lump in my neck right around the lymph nodes ( jaw) had it for a while before I went and checked it out ..turns out it was a non cancerous tumor on a saliva gland.

It does not cause any problems or disturbed me and has not gotten bigger. Yours seems to be in a different location best thing to do is get to your doctor and get a biopsy. If you can deal with crohn's you can deal with whatever that is. good luck keep us posted