Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Let's hear success stories!

06-22-2015, 11:54 AM   #31
factor30

Hi,

A true success story!

After suffering from proctitis for over five years and trying enemas and tablets to control the condition I really wasn't getting anywhere with a solution. I train a lot, to help look after my ligaments and cartilage I started taking 1500mg glucosamine tablets. After a few months of taking one tablet a day I noticed my proctitis symptoms completely disappeared. I've stopped taking medication supplied from the doctors for the proctitis and I'm still free from the symptoms. Glucasamine helps prevent inflammation of the bowel, but for me its worked wonders as I was told there is no cure for proctitis and I expected to have the disease for the rest of my life. I really hope it works for you too.
07-03-2016, 03:47 AM   #32
Affnan

I had a real good poo last thursday
Me too! It's that strange we get excited about that😆
07-03-2016, 11:34 AM   #33
lenny
My son went from 80 something lbs to 170 lbs in 3 years and grew about 6 inches. He's doing pretty well now on Remicade. He recently started taking probiotics and thinks that helps even more.

Fingers crossed the Remicade keeps working for him!
07-03-2016, 12:25 PM   #34
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
My son went from 80 something lbs to 170 lbs in 3 years and grew about 6 inches. He's doing pretty well now on Remicade. He recently started taking probiotics and thinks that helps even more.

Fingers crossed the Remicade keeps working for him!
I wish him continued success for many years to come.
01-10-2017, 07:25 PM   #35
Sara333

I do not have Crohn's however I have a success story that I hope will help and inspire people. I was diagnosed with a huge abscess and was operated on to clean and remove it. Unfortunately the wound didn't not heal after months of packing and I was told an anal fistula had developed and that was why I was not healing.
I was then put on a waiting list to get a seton stitch, which once inserted, I had for about a year, I hated it and was constantly having to change my dressings. I went back to the doctors and asked for an alternative and they decided to try a fistula plug, again I was back on the waiting list and on the 31st dec 2015 they sewed in some pigs collagen into me - blergh!! I was worried that it hadn't worked as I could see some of the collagen hanging out and didn't have high hope for this operation which normally has a 30% success rate, however I tried to stay as sedentary as possible for a few days, I refused the codeine as I knew this would constipate me and for a few days before and for a couple of weeks after I mainly ate vegetables and protein to aid healing and prevent constipation.
After a couple of months I was told the fistula had finally healed!! 2.5 years after my initial abscess diagnosis, I was over the moon. Now 1 year on it is still fine!
I would read these forums looking for a success story but rarely found any, so now that I am in the clear I thought I would share this with you in the hope that it gives someone else hope that they will have their fistula cured.
I also want to mention that I was taking oregano oil capsules and olive left capsules, not sure if they had anything to do with the healing but it's worth a try!
I was operated on in the UK by a Mr Miles, based in Brighton in case any UK sufferers want to request his expertise!
Good luck, it's a horrible affliction but hopefully everyone can find their solution with a bit of nagging at their doctors!
01-10-2017, 07:28 PM   #36
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks. I am glad you had such success

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Success Stories » Let's hear success stories!