Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Remicade infusion and BP

06-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #1
tots

My Support Groups:
Remicade infusion and BP

Does your BP go up when you have your infusion?
Do they slow it down?? I seem to remember in the beginning
they did. Today not so much.

Lauren

Diagnosed= 1992 and again Feb 2012 Confirmed with
CT enterography May 2015 !!

Waiting for the ok from my Ins company to restart Remicade. Will also start Imuron to get into remission!
I know it's out there somewhere and I WILL find it!

:

Ok, my family Dr told me to cut down on the stress- a husband, 3 kids, and 3 dogs!
06-16-2016, 07:50 AM   #2
Bunty

I suffer from 'white coat syndrome' in that my blood pressure is always higher when taken in hospital or at the doctors. I have a home monitor which has been calibrated by my GP, my blood pressure is always well within normal limits when I take it at home.
They always comment on my infusion days that my blood pressure is a little high.
Bunty x
06-16-2016, 02:07 PM   #3
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi i think that most folks blood pressure rises in certain situations.
My pressure always seems to be ok even when in extreme pain. Maybe im not normal .. tho i never claimed to be 😃 haha.
06-24-2016, 09:22 AM   #4
Madhu

My Support Groups:
My husband's pressure is always low on the infusion days. We have no clue why. His GI told us to ignore it. He just keeps hydrated a lot during infusion.

Mild flare in Mar 2017. Remicade schedule adjusted

Current Meds - Remicade 10mg/kg
07-06-2016, 01:59 PM   #5
cdnrose

My Support Groups:
Mine is generally lower than usual as well. Still within "normal" range but definitely on the lower side of normal.
07-07-2016, 02:50 PM   #6
Jomar_uk

My Support Groups:
Mine goes from 14x/80 to 107/71 within 15 minutes into my infusion. No ill.effects & told it's quite normal. The last one was number 16.

In the UK we have switched from remicade to remsima which is a biological similar drug but cheaper containing infliximab (the core drug).

Shalom john

07-08-2016, 05:38 AM   #7
Bunty

We haven't at my hospital John.
Bunty x
07-08-2016, 05:56 AM   #8
Jomar_uk

My Support Groups:
We haven't at my hospital John.

Bunty x

I should have said in the process of switching. According to my IBD I'm the 1st to have been switched over to remsima from remicade so a type of "Guinea pig"

It's passed all the tests, licensed & been approved by NICE but cheaper than remicade (to be honest serves them right for holding the price so high).

Since remicade/remsima not 1 emergency dash to hospital with flare up causing small bowel to twist (just over 3 years now) so very grateful indeed.

Shalom, my you be "flare up" free, john
07-09-2016, 10:38 PM   #9
Tuff

My Support Groups:
My blood pressure drops with each infusion. Last time it went from 110/80 to 78/56. They slowed the infusion down and it went back to normal after. Scary though.

Stelara, Warfarin, calcium, Vitamins B12, D.
Previously: 5-Asa, Cipro, Flagyl, Prednisone, Aza, Remicade.
Pulmonary Embolism, DVT's, osteopenia, Peripheral neuropathy.
07-11-2016, 02:56 AM   #10
Jomar_uk

My Support Groups:
My blood pressure drops with each infusion. Last time it went from 110/80 to 78/56. They slowed the infusion down and it went back to normal after. Scary though.

Just shows how powerful & almost instant acting this drug is. Trust you are stabilising though, I am so grateful for the NHS as no way could I afford 1 or 2 months, never mind over 3 years

Shalom john
07-15-2016, 02:35 PM   #11
Tuff

My Support Groups:
I've been in remission for two years on Remicade. It also healed my fistulas after the first month. I'm very grateful for getting my life back.
07-15-2016, 02:38 PM   #12
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thats great to hear tuff long may it continue to work well for you.. best wishes 💕

Crohn's Disease Forum » Treatment » Remicade/Infliximab » Remicade infusion and BP