• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

I hope I didn't mess myself up

I have been staying away from Ensure because of the carregeenan. Tonight , I had one. I am having a rough time right now.

Trysha

Staff member
I stay away from that stuff...nauseating too.
Although I am not diabetic I get along ok with Glucerna but I don't like any of those meal replacements
I think They are mainly milk anyway with added vitamins etc
The solution for me is clear soups made from scratch until I can graduate to a more inclusive diet.
Feel better soon Ron
Hugs
Trysha

I stay away from that stuff...nauseating too.
Although I am not diabetic I get along ok with Glucerna but I don't like any of those meal replacements
I think They are mainly milk anyway with added vitamins etc
The solution for me is clear soups made from scratch until I can graduate to a more inclusive diet.
Feel better soon Ron
Hugs
Trysha
Thanks.Trysha.

my little penguin

Staff member
We use neocate Jr for Ds ( no carragean )
Peptamen also doesn't have carragean ( your doc can write you a script for either )
Hope you feel better

Sorry to hear that Ron, Ensure puts me in a world of hurt too. If you can tolerate milk , you are better off drinking whole milk and taking a multi-vitamin. Less chemicals/additives than those meal replacement shakes. Hope you feel better soon!