Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » What could it be 😳

07-29-2016, 03:38 AM   #1
charg994

What could it be 😳

So I had my first flexible sigmoidoscope yesterday, apparently everything looked fine, but my stool samples saying that inflammation is high, now it's just a waiting game for biopsies to come back which should take a few week

Has this ever happened to anyone, and what could be the cause of inflammation?

Any help/advice would be great 👍👍👍
07-29-2016, 08:53 AM   #2
Lisa
Adminstrator

My Support Groups:
You could have inflammation that is higher up in the colon or small intestine. The sigmoid scope only reaches a short way into the colon and doesn't see a lot.

30 plus years and counting with UC/Crohn's!
on remicade since 11/05

While my experiences may not be what everyone has had- I feel it is worthwhile to share any and all experiences that may be beneficial to others.
07-30-2016, 07:29 AM   #3
Charlotte.

My Support Groups:
Can you get colonoscopy and gastroscopy in addition? Crohn's could be anywhere in the digestive tract, so sometimes even MRI is necessary to check the small intestine for inflammation.

Stelara; Uceris; Lansoprazole; Domperidone.

Previously: Remicade, Humira, Simponi, Azathioprine, Methotrexate, Sulfasalazine, Entocort, Uceris, Prednisolone, TPN, EEN, different alternative treatments.
07-30-2016, 10:22 AM   #4
charg994

Can you get colonoscopy and gastroscopy in addition? Crohn's could be anywhere in the digestive tract, so sometimes even MRI is necessary to check the small intestine for inflammation.

I'm not sure what they're going to do now, they've kind of just said there's nothing wrong with me and that I should change my diet, there's nothing more they can do to help unless something shows up on my biopsies, I'll ask the gi next time I see her if they can do a full colonoscopy, cos I have gut feeling that there's something not right with me, I have all the symptoms, it's just a hard thing to diagnose I suppose 😳😳😳
07-30-2016, 10:44 AM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I hope they can get you some answers.
07-30-2016, 10:47 AM   #6
charg994

Thanks I hope so to, I just don't feel my self anymore, I feels physically drained of energy, just want answers already lol
08-08-2016, 03:43 PM   #7
DougUte

My Support Groups:
I don't understand why they do sigmoidoscopy anymore. The colonoscopy covers the entire colon and into the Terminal ileum. Just for that reason the colonoscopy is generally considered the better test.

Crohns Medicines:
Started Humira June 22nd, 2011
Increased to weekly injections on November 1st, 2016
Due to the insurance company, Humira ended on January 31, 2017.
Started Entyvio February 9th, 2017
Loperamide 3 capsules twice a day
Vitamin B6, B12, Folic Acid
Vitamin D3 10000 I.U.
Nature Made Multivitamin

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Undiagnosed Club » What could it be 😳