• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

What could it be 😳

So I had my first flexible sigmoidoscope yesterday, apparently everything looked fine, but my stool samples saying that inflammation is high, now it's just a waiting game for biopsies to come back which should take a few week

Has this ever happened to anyone, and what could be the cause of inflammation?

Any help/advice would be great 👍👍👍

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
You could have inflammation that is higher up in the colon or small intestine. The sigmoid scope only reaches a short way into the colon and doesn't see a lot.

Can you get colonoscopy and gastroscopy in addition? Crohn's could be anywhere in the digestive tract, so sometimes even MRI is necessary to check the small intestine for inflammation.

Can you get colonoscopy and gastroscopy in addition? Crohn's could be anywhere in the digestive tract, so sometimes even MRI is necessary to check the small intestine for inflammation.

I'm not sure what they're going to do now, they've kind of just said there's nothing wrong with me and that I should change my diet, there's nothing more they can do to help unless something shows up on my biopsies, I'll ask the gi next time I see her if they can do a full colonoscopy, cos I have gut feeling that there's something not right with me, I have all the symptoms, it's just a hard thing to diagnose I suppose 😳😳😳

Thanks I hope so to, I just don't feel my self anymore, I feels physically drained of energy, just want answers already lol

I don't understand why they do sigmoidoscopy anymore. The colonoscopy covers the entire colon and into the Terminal ileum. Just for that reason the colonoscopy is generally considered the better test.