Share Facebook

11-09-2016, 08:05 PM   #1
Ozboz

My Support Groups:
Recovery

How long post surgery did you start to feel a difference.
What I mean by this is how long did it take to get your energy back and digestion to start to work a bit better.
I have a transverse colostomy where they left a bit of the large intestine and sowed it to my abdomen and most of my large bowel is still in there resting and will get re-joined after it heals and rest's
11-11-2016, 07:06 AM   #2
Tony H

How long post surgery did you start to feel a difference.
What I mean by this is how long did it take to get your energy back and digestion to start to work a bit better.
I have a transverse colostomy where they left a bit of the large intestine and sowed it to my abdomen and most of my large bowel is still in there resting and will get re-joined after it heals and rest's
I had a full colectomy so a bit different than yours , im over two weeks after surgery and my digestion through the bag is fairly good , my energy levels are very low still , im doing a few walks of 200 m daily but I find climbing any steps energy sapping ,
hope you feel better soon .

emazole 40mg daily
11-11-2016, 04:36 PM   #3
eleanor_rigby

My Support Groups:
To have loads of energy and feel in perfect health, I would say 2 months (I had open surgery)

History:
2nd Generation affected

Symptoms since 08/2006 (age 17)

Emergency open bowel resection after perforation in 12/2011 (age 22) (wrongly diagnosed as burst appendix ). Three years remission following this unmonitored

Diagnosis:
Perforating small bowel Crohn's Disease 01/2016 (terminal ileum, duodenum)
Coeliac disease (age 26)

Meds:
50mg azathioprine (down from 75mg after my WBC dropped)
Gluten-free diet
11-19-2016, 02:02 PM   #4
2thFairy

My Support Groups:
I had an open surgery total colectomy. It took about 2 months to begin any sort of energy level and about 4 months for digestion to straighten out.

Total colectomy with ileostomy featuring Sideshow Bob since January 2012

"The colon seems an unlikely candidate for dramatic effect, but now and then it serves that purpose well." The Associated Press Guide to Punctuation