Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Post-Fistula Surgery Hypergranulation Help

01-18-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
Casey Baudelaire

My Support Groups:
Post-Fistula Surgery Hypergranulation Help

Hello fellow diseased people ,

I just went for surgery mid-December to remove the peri-anal fistula. Most of the surgery is healing well thankfully. I had an 8cm deep hole to begin with. Most of the hole has healed over, but there is a 4cm deep spot right beside the anus. The nurse today could not get packing in due to the hypergranulation. She did not want to use silver nitrate since the surgeon had just seen the wound during a follow-up appointment an didn't say anything (I know, that's seems fishy. Working on that tomorrow).

In any case, has anyone had to deal with hypergranulation right beside the anus? How have you dealt with it? Any ways to prevent it? Need to get rid of the hypergranulation in order to get packing in there that will prevent it from having a pocket.

Thank you so much for your support and help!
Previous Rx: Entocort
Surgery: Fistula and Anal Surgery Dec. 2016

Celiac Disease
Dx: 2010

My response to "are you okay?" is: I will be.
01-22-2017, 02:39 PM   #2
Cheesy79

My Support Groups:
I'm sorry. I see no one has replied to your post. It's happened to me and finally someone replied saying hopefully someone would come around. I've had nightmares with a fistula but never hypergranulation. If I were you, I would contact the doctor. If you can't pack the hole, it'll heal from the outside. This is not good.

04-17-2017, 05:11 AM   #3
Sorebutt26

Hello fellow diseased people ,

I just went for surgery mid-December to remove the peri-anal fistula. Most of the surgery is healing well thankfully. I had an 8cm deep hole to begin with. Most of the hole has healed over, but there is a 4cm deep spot right beside the anus. The nurse today could not get packing in due to the hypergranulation. She did not want to use silver nitrate since the surgeon had just seen the wound during a follow-up appointment an didn't say anything (I know, that's seems fishy. Working on that tomorrow).

In any case, has anyone had to deal with hypergranulation right beside the anus? How have you dealt with it? Any ways to prevent it? Need to get rid of the hypergranulation in order to get packing in there that will prevent it from having a pocket.

Thank you so much for your support and help!
Casey, how did you get on?

Crohn's Disease Forum » Surgery » Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses » Post-Fistula Surgery Hypergranulation Help