Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » How do you handle the high temps?

02-01-2017, 05:32 AM   #1
woops!

How do you handle the high temps?

I'm in full flair and treating the symptoms until insurance decides I'm worthy of new med.
every night I could set my watch by my nice 102+ temps. I am on antibiotics and I take Tylenol every night before bed, and again as soon as I'm up. Anyone got any other suggestions? Just venting and feeling low
Whoops!
02-01-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Try to stay on a bland diet. Hope you feel better soon.

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
02-01-2017, 06:02 PM   #3
Lizzie

My Support Groups:
I didn't realise this was a Crohns thing, I was thinking it was my medication causing unpleasant hot flush type sensations when I wake up and sometimes during the night. I've no idea how to deal with them, I'm afraid - but luckily my red hot temperatures don't seem to last too long, only a few minutes at a time.
02-01-2017, 06:05 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I didn't realise this was a Crohns thing, I was thinking it was my medication causing unpleasant hot flush type sensations when I wake up and sometimes during the night. I've no idea how to deal with them, I'm afraid - but luckily my red hot temperatures don't seem to last too long, only a few minutes at a time.
Have you called your doctor?

02-02-2017, 02:39 PM   #5
Lizzie

My Support Groups:
Have you called your doctor?
No, I never thought to mention it when I was at the IBD clinic the other day, but on the basis of the symptoms I did tell the nurse about (diarrhoea etc) she's ordered blood tests and faecal calprotectin tests. So when I pluck up the courage to get the blood test done I'll find out more. I gather from this thread that high temperatures can indicate a worrying amount of inflammation?
02-02-2017, 02:41 PM   #6
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Yes.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » How do you handle the high temps?