Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Very Hard Time Right Now

01-30-2017, 01:03 AM   #31
crohns4ever

My Support Groups:
I was diagnosed back in 98 or 99 I was miserable in pain and had a colonscopy and the gi found it had surgery shortly after and the pathological confirmed it was crohns.
01-30-2017, 11:43 AM   #32
cmack

My Support Groups:
snowing here too.

Thanks, glad I could help if only in spirit.

cmack
01-31-2017, 10:00 PM   #33
cmack

My Support Groups:
Hey 4ever,

What's up bud?

How are you doing? Mentally and physically? I hope you are well.

Like I said pm me any time you need to!

I go to sleep but I get back on here quite early (Relatively).

Last edited by cmack; 01-31-2017 at 10:08 PM. Reason: nothing really much
01-31-2017, 10:04 PM   #34
cmack

My Support Groups:
Hey bud,

I'm hoping you are OK. Give me a shout. I love to talk.

cmack

Last edited by cmack; 01-31-2017 at 10:05 PM. Reason: wrong case letter
02-01-2017, 01:51 AM   #35
crohns4ever

My Support Groups:
Well hello cmack yeah I have been down resting bro untill bad dirreha struck and now up buddy. Hey cmack what is good to take when you have dirreha? How have you been doing cmack I am so glad you hit me up I was going to hit you up last night pm you but I don't won't you to get tired of me buddy.
02-01-2017, 11:41 AM   #36
cmack

My Support Groups:
4ever,

I wont get tired of you. I wish I had a good answer for the squirts. I have occasionally used Immodium.I don't think it is a very good idea to take it except for once in a while(read the warnings). Like to get through an appointment or such. Beyond that I just don't know. Maybe ask the Doc.

your bud,

cmack
02-01-2017, 01:20 PM   #37
cmack

My Support Groups:
4ever,

I just thought of a couple things that might help. I drink filtered water(Brita) and I also rinse my dishes and glasses before using them thus eliminating any leftover detergent. I find even the dishwasher leaves a bit of residue. The dish detergent's main ingredient is caustic soda. We all know that would cause irritation! Can't think of anything else off the top of my head though except maybe vegetarian omega 3 capsules. (Helps calm inflamation). I say vegetarian because they contain less(little to none)of the contaminants found in most animal based varieties.

Maybe call the RN or Doc and ask too. They could be helpful.

Your bud,

cmack
02-01-2017, 01:31 PM   #38
GI Jane

My Support Groups:
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not. You mentioned prayer and I thought of this verse in the Bible if you didn't know it already. Do you go to a church? Just the singing uplifts my soul when nothing else will.

Coconut oil or coconut in a smoothie add calories. Easy to make a smoothie calorie heavy and yet not hurt our tummy.

I know what you mean, others can feel bad for you....but there is nothing like a site like this to know you're not alone. You can be surrounded by people but still feel alone when it comes to this disease that isn't talked about to friends.

I take the hot epsom salt and baking soda baths for pain relief everyday. On car trips I've been known to put on a depend which has saved me in the past.

Hugs
02-01-2017, 01:39 PM   #39
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Try Psyllium husks for Diahorea ( spell:? you'd think I'd know by now)If you check in the search box at the top of the page you'll get lots of info.
02-01-2017, 01:41 PM   #40
cmack

My Support Groups:
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not. You mentioned prayer and I thought of this verse in the Bible if you didn't know it already. Do you go to a church? Just the singing uplifts my soul when nothing else will.

Coconut oil or coconut in a smoothie add calories. Easy to make a smoothie calorie heavy and yet not hurt our tummy.

I know what you mean, others can feel bad for you....but there is nothing like a site like this to know you're not alone. You can be surrounded by people but still feel alone when it comes to this disease that isn't talked about to friends.

I take the hot epsom salt and baking soda baths for pain relief everyday. On car trips I've been known to put on a depend which has saved me in the past.

Hugs
All sounds like pretty good advice to me.
02-07-2017, 07:17 PM   #41
MizzSarah

My Support Groups:
I'm 23 and I'm pretty much only existing---mine and my parents own words. I graduated highschool.. went to uni... started to work in schools and I'm now coming to the realization that I picked potentially the worst career for someone with Crohn's.. I choose it because I knew I needed to get to work quick in fear of the unknowns of Crohn's. 3 years in now and I'm pretty much lost in my life direction.

My mother has recently asked me about potential relationships and kids--and that is not something in my 10 year plan. I'm just trying to get through the work day--come home to rest and repeat. I need to work hard until I just can't meet the requirements of my work anymore... I fear that's coming quickly😩
2nd Gen affected
02-07-2017, 07:49 PM   #42
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I'm 23 and I'm pretty much only existing---mine and my parents own words. I graduated highschool.. went to uni... started to work in schools and I'm now coming to the realization that I picked potentially the worst career for someone with Crohn's.. I choose it because I knew I needed to get to work quick in fear of the unknowns of Crohn's. 3 years in now and I'm pretty much lost in my life direction.

My mother has recently asked me about potential relationships and kids--and that is not something in my 10 year plan. I'm just trying to get through the work day--come home to rest and repeat. I need to work hard until I just can't meet the requirements of my work anymore... I fear that's coming quickly😩
Hang tough. You have a lot of support here. The medical people are making advancements all the time

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
02-07-2017, 09:17 PM   #43
cmack

My Support Groups:
Mizz,

It can be really hard. At times I just wanted to crawl under a rock. I got better again and I truly believe you can too. Get medical attention at the ER if you have to though (not pushing you). You call the shots. If you think you need medical professionals Do what you have to do.

I hope you are OK,

cmack

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » Vent Away » Very Hard Time Right Now