• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Inflectra?

I am currently on Cimzia and it is working!! BUT...my insurance provider is now saying they will not pay for it. My options are Remicade and Inflectra. I was on Remicade about 5 years ago and it failed. My doctor stated no going back. I've tried to research Inflectra (biosimilar to Remicade-fancy generic) They only started shipping this med in late November 2016. I'm kind of at a stand still. Medimpact, the company that handles pharmacy, is stating that the company paying for the policy(Office of Group Benefits-State of Louisiana) has to approve the medication, but OGB is stating they will not interfere. Soooo has anyone been on Inflectra? and if so were you on Remicade before? Is it working? I'm at my wits end and not sure where to go.

Thanks

Insurance says they will only pay for remicade and inflectra unfortunately
If you failed Remicade you will most likely fail Inflectra. it is the same thing (almost). You may have a reaction since it has been some time. I would fight insurance and have your doctor's office intervene to do the prior authorization or whatever it takes for your insurance to continue on Cimzia - it's not worth risking your health on something that you know doesn't work.

Definetly. I don't believe they understand how these types of medications work. My GI Dr has sent them a letter stating why I can't be on those 2 meds so waiting for a response.

Will keep yall updated. Many prayers, and fingers crossed. I don't want to lose Cimzia as an option.

Thanks