• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Hello World☺

So hello ladies and Gentlemen ☺
let me introduce myself.. I am a 50+male who has had Crohns since 1988 if you choose to work it out I was in my 20's when I was first Diagnosed. in the last 30+ years I think I have almost had all of the nasty stuff that comes with Crohns.
From perianal abscesses to at least 10 major resections,and a temporary colostomy. plus the 3 times it almost killed me/caused me to end up in intensive care in a coma but the good News is I am still here:)
looking back some of my problems were not helped by my job and lifestyle. Working as a Contractor in aviation, flying to places I never knew existed before I landed there, the stress the long hours and strange things I ate certainly didn't help. However I quit that lifestyle 10 years ago and apart from yet another episode of ending up in a coma due to a lung infection and kidney faliure things have been resonably good.
Well for me good is hardly any pain being able to get up in the morning go to work and not landing in hospital more than once a year😀
Just reading this makes me think some of you may think I am Making this up. I wish I was. I am certain my long suffering wife and daughter wish I were.
Being rushed to hospital once my daughter who was 14 at the time asked me if I was going to die, I realised the poor lass was suffering worse than me😕 I was just bleeding a lot from my GI tract . she was scared she was going to loose here dad. All of us suffer from this illness, but most of you will know your loved ones sometimes suffer more, from the uncertainty of having a member of the Family cronically ill can cause.
Its been a hard Journey so far but there have been a lot of good times along the way. All I can say to anybody new to this disease don't give up, learn as much as you can about your illness and be aware of the trigger signs for you. No two Crohns patients are the same. Also Crohns does not always stay the same over the years. Most of all don't give up and stay positive, you owe yourselfs that and your families.

Last edited:
WOW that's a lot of resections. That's my worry with this first surgery that it's a snowball effect. They're removing a chunk of TI. I've been fortunate to not have anything besides biologics and tests and tons of meds. Diagnosed in 2004 or 2005 brain fuzzy on that time.

If you have any suggestions of what to ask my doctor on Wed regarding my surgery I'd appreciate it.

WOW that's a lot of resections. That's my worry with this first surgery that it's a snowball effect. They're removing a chunk of TI. I've been fortunate to not have anything besides biologics and tests and tons of meds. Diagnosed in 2004 or 2005 brain fuzzy on that time.

If you have any suggestions of what to ask my doctor on Wed regarding my surgery I'd appreciate it.
I had my resection almost seven years ago and haven't needed anymore so far.

Jane yes it was a lot of resections but a lot of them occured in the late 80's and early 90's when my crohns was really agressive and the medication in those days was not as good as it is now. I guess i would ask myself in your case is do I need this resection and how will my life be after this operation. I f you are going to be pain free or symptom free afterwards then you know the answer. Personally I always try to avoid surgeons these days if the problem can be treated medically.Good luck and Good night from Germany.

Last edited: