Share Facebook

02-09-2017, 10:45 PM   #1
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
How Long

At Thanksgiving, I had been on Humira about six or seven months. I had surgery for a lesion on my scalp. I went back on Humira two weeks after the surgery. Last month, my doctor and I decided to go from doing Humira every two weeks to every week. That was three weeks ago. I am still having issues with the Crohns Disease. I am supposed to let my doctor know at the beginning of next month how I am doing. How long before I notice any improvement?
03-27-2017, 08:33 PM   #2
DanaBanana

My Support Groups:
Just seeing this and curious how you are doing Ron. I'm presently in a similar situation. I had to go off the Humira for 2 months due to hip surgery end of November (I developed Avascular Necrosis in my left hip due to predinsone). During that time my Crohn's symptoms increased. I went back on the Humira, biweekly, and ended up where I am now, in a Crohn's flare. My gi dr decided to switch me to weekly Humira which will begin this week, having had my usual dose last week. I'm really hoping the increase will calm things.
03-27-2017, 08:44 PM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am currently in a flare and waiting for pre-authorization from insurance to switch to Entyvio. I hope things calm down for you.

03-27-2017, 08:47 PM   #4
DanaBanana

My Support Groups:
That's the next choice for me too, if this weekly stuff doesn't work. I'll be crossing my fingers and toes for you, friend.
03-27-2017, 09:20 PM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
That's the next choice for me too, if this weekly stuff doesn't work. I'll be crossing my fingers and toes for you, friend.
Thanks. Same here.

04-02-2017, 07:53 PM   #6
hedge

My Support Groups:
The weekly didn't work for me either. Hopefully you get good news soon
04-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #7
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Thanks