• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Looking for a good Colorectal Surgeon in the UK or Germany

Hello, hope everyone's doing well.

I have had fistulating crohns disease for 7 years now. I haven't acted on the issue seriously(have done only EUAs with setons in) due to various reasons even though its my main concern.

I have decided to seek surgical care in Germany or UK. I know how insanely costly it can be to be a patient overseas to a problem that requires multiple interventions. I have no options, treatment here leads to no avail, most surgeons do not know how to handle such problems especially with CD nor do they provide proper or reasonable surgical solutions.

Currently, I am looking for a surgeon I can trust and have all my perianal cd problems taken care with. Someone with experience in fibrin glue, fistula plug, advancement flap or LIFT procedures or more!

Have tried anti-tnf ofc and lots of other medicines and antibiotics with minor improvement.

So far I've been contacting those DRs about treatment and costs expected:
Prof. Robin Phillips or Dr. Janindra Warusavitarne , St Marks Hospital - London.
Prof. Thomas W. Kraus, Nordwest Hospital - Frankfurt.

If you know a good DR (preferably from experience) please reply with name and hospital.

Thanks..

Last edited:
Thanks I'm planning to see Dr. Janindra Warusavitarne at St Mark's Hospital. I hope I get proper treatment..