Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » You Are Not A Burden!!!

09-30-2016, 04:59 AM   #151
embyrr

My Support Groups:
I'm fortunate enough to have some supportive family members and a great bf. But at the end of the day, they really don't understand. I think the only way that they could would be if they had Crohn's as well...and I wouldn't wish that on any of them.

When I was first diagnosed back in 1998, my mom really wanted to find local support groups for me to talk to others that have gone through it before. But I was too young, scared and proud to admit I needed help understanding how much my life would be changing.

I've only been looking around this forum for a few days now, but I've been reading a lot of posts and it's been very touching and emotional ...I've lost count of the number of times I've been reading something and I think to myself...no shit me too!
I know that feeling! Similar situation to mine. I was diagnosed in 2003 but felt much too young to really comprehend what was happening. The doctors initially suggested support groups but I kinda just wanted to be left with it to deal with it alone.
I was invited once to talk to other teenagers who didn't want to take their medication "because it wasn't cool". Had to give them a quick reality check, explaining what happened when I laid off the Asacol for two weeks...
02-16-2017, 10:42 PM   #152
meowser89

Thank you for your kind words!!

Have a great day
04-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #153
Jojo9368

My mother told me this month she doesn't love me and I don't exist to her. So even though I don't have the support of my parents, I have absolutely unconditional loving friends and in-laws. Support may not come from who you think it should be, but if you look around, there are amazing supports out there. Never never quit
04-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #154
fuzzy butterfly
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
So sorry that your mother has said that to you...but so very glad that you have plenty of support from friends n in laws.
Keep on keeping on and keep as well as you can.
Best wishes 💕
04-17-2017, 01:04 PM   #155
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Everyone here supports you

Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
04-17-2017, 10:53 PM   #156
cmack

My Support Groups:
I agree.
04-26-2017, 05:52 AM   #157
Glockola

I am definitely a burden both to myself and my whole family. Obviously they can never understand what it is like having to go through daily torture and having no life.
The disease is just bringing misery on a daily basis and most likely just going to be getting worse down the line.
Thinking about contacting one of those euthanasia groups that offer assisted suicide.
04-26-2017, 06:10 AM   #158
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I am definitely a burden both to myself and my whole family. Obviously they can never understand what it is like having to go through daily torture and having no life.
The disease is just bringing misery on a daily basis and most likely just going to be getting worse down the line.
Thinking about contacting one of those euthanasia groups that offer assisted suicide.
Everyone here cares about you!! If you want you can always talk privately.
05-02-2017, 04:11 PM   #159
Isabelly

I know it's been a couple days since the last reply, and I'm new to this forum/website, but this is exactly the type of thread I need right now!

I was diagnosed a few months ago and I've been flaring nonstop ever since, and I just feel bad because I'm 19 and my parents are already paying for my college--I'm 100% grateful--but now I feel like such a financial burden because they're also paying for my medications and medical bills! None of my siblings have big, expensive medical bills like I do, and now my doctor says I need to consider Remicade/Humira, but those are both so expensive! I don't know what to do. I just feel so bad.
05-02-2017, 04:17 PM   #160
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I know it's been a couple days since the last reply, and I'm new to this forum/website, but this is exactly the type of thread I need right now!

I was diagnosed a few months ago and I've been flaring nonstop ever since, and I just feel bad because I'm 19 and my parents are already paying for my college--I'm 100% grateful--but now I feel like such a financial burden because they're also paying for my medications and medical bills! None of my siblings have big, expensive medical bills like I do, and now my doctor says I need to consider Remicade/Humira, but those are both so expensive! I don't know what to do. I just feel so bad.
Both Remicade and Humira have plans to help financially. Remicade has Remistart and if you do Humira if you get on their plan it is five dollars each time.

Crohn's Disease Forum » Support Forum » You Are Not A Burden!!!