Share Facebook

05-11-2017, 03:38 AM   #1
Kancer

My Support Groups:
Fibrin Glue for Fistula

Hello Everyone. I am calling out to all of those who have had fistulas before. Have any of you tried the Fibrin Glue method? How did it work for you? I am not sure if my fistula is simple or complex but I am trying to avoid another surgery/recovery. I have taken enough days off this year and hoping I can jump back to my normal routine ASAP.

I would really appreciate your inputs.
05-11-2017, 03:40 AM   #2
Sorebutt26

Hello Everyone. I am calling out to all of those who have had fistulas before. Have any of you tried the Fibrin Glue method? How did it work for you? I am not sure if my fistula is simple or complex but I am trying to avoid another surgery/recovery. I have taken enough days off this year and hoping I can jump back to my normal routine ASAP.

I would really appreciate your inputs.
Hi Kancer

I haven't tried it in afraid, but I'd be interested to read what people think. Is it similar to the plug and paste methods?

I know the feeling of not wanting anymore time off!

05-11-2017, 05:48 AM   #3
Kancer

My Support Groups:
Hi Sorebutt, I was talking to my surgeon the other day. I was given many options and as I have been having some leaking from my anus (Disgusting I know) through-out the year, he thinks I already suffer incontinence to a certain degree and suggests fibrin glue.

From his explanation, I believe its just like super-flue... except of course made of protein. I did some research online but can't find out enough information.
05-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #4
Kancer

My Support Groups:
Anyone? Or how did the plug work?