Share Facebook

View Poll Results: Do you get mouth ulcers on a regular basis?
Yes 154 73.68%
No 55 26.32%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

07-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #91
Eridon2002

My Support Groups:
I used to get horribly painful sores on my hard palate-like I had 3rd degree burns. I started to noticed I would get mouth ulcers immediately after brushing my teeth with toothpaste containing carrageenan. I cut out all toothpaste with that ingredient and any other seaweed based ingredient(sodium alginate, algin) I have not had them since. Doctors recommend eliminating carrageenan from your diet if you have Crohn's-we never think to check our toothpaste!
07-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #92
If*

Hello, curious if it could be an imbalance in gut flora? Is anyone on probiotics and still suffering with this issue? Also has anyone tried healing/soothing with organic coconut oil (swishing/pulling)? Just a thought and could be worth looking into or trying. Ask your Dr. if this might help?

Hope everyone gets some relief soon.
07-02-2014, 09:31 AM   #93
Eridon2002

My Support Groups:
Hi If*, I take probiotics daily(PB8 in the am and Garden of Life in the pm) I also oil pull with unrefined sesame seed oil every morning. I still got the mouth ulcer when I brushed with toothpaste containing carrageenan. I really think preventative measures such as probiotics, etc, help bring up our threshold to a higher level to help reduce flare ups but ultimately food and stress have such a higher impact on bringing about flare ups that ultimately these are the variable we must control.
05-19-2017, 01:45 PM   #94
Tealtulip16

hi I've just found this post, i am suffering terribly with mouth ulcers and just wondered about anyone else experiences.

many thanks

x
05-19-2017, 03:45 PM   #95
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
hi I've just found this post, i am suffering terribly with mouth ulcers and just wondered about anyone else experiences.

many thanks

x
You might want to check out the section called Extra Intestinal Manifestations.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.