• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Are these symptoms for Crohns?

Hi everyone,
I had a question about some of the following symptoms related to Crohn's. So my mom and I have Crohn's. Recently, my sister hasn't been feeling well for the past 8ish months. She has acid reflux, so every time she eats, she feels like the food is coming back up. Her symptoms include: anxious, nausea (smell of food makes her nauseous), weight loss, hungry but lacks appetite, sometimes diarrhea, etc. I believe what triggered her symptoms was the fact that she failed a board exam and has to retake it again this year. She did an EGD in early April and there was no inflammation. I think she will get a colonoscopy this week, but I wanted to know your thoughts or if anyone has experienced similar symptoms. Thank you!

Laura

The symptoms could be Crohns and since she has two family members who already have it, it seems more likely. I dont know for sure

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I had a question about some of the following symptoms related to Crohn's. So my mom and I have Crohn's. Recently, my sister hasn't been feeling well for the past 8ish months. She has acid reflux, so every time she eats, she feels like the food is coming back up. Her symptoms include: anxious, nausea (smell of food makes her nauseous), weight loss, hungry but lacks appetite, sometimes diarrhea, etc. I believe what triggered her symptoms was the fact that she failed a board exam and has to retake it again this year. She did an EGD in early April and there was no inflammation. I think she will get a colonoscopy this week, but I wanted to know your thoughts or if anyone has experienced similar symptoms. Thank you!

Laura
Hi I had pretty much the same symptoms, nausea, diarrhoea, 20kg weightloss, plus also the bleeding. It was initially diagnosed as Ulcerative Colitis for me, and then as Crohns after a colonoscopy.

May the bodies response to stress. I have always believed that unmanaged stress will come out somewhere in the body. Hope she is ok and gets things under control.