• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Flat/ribbon stool

Hi,

have here somebody flat or ribbon like stool? I have it nearly half year or maybe more. It is ok in lenght and width but only in thickness is problem, it is about 0.3inch. I have probably any inflammation in sigma, rectum and ileum. I had also pancolitis before few years. It is normal? If I have not diarathea I have flat poo? I taking prednison and pentasa.

scottsma

You could check the Bristol Scale.That explains colour, texture and consistency you can expect when having IBD.I'm not sure that it's anything to worry about as long as you feel ok.

Yes I googled and it can be many things. I found that also in proctitis/sigmoitis can be flat poop. But I wanted know that if is here somebody with same problem.