Share Facebook

10-27-2015, 12:29 PM   #61
BadColon

barelyalive,

just came across this forum via search. Where in NJ do you live? There are tons of Indian stores all over the state.
check out patelbros DOT com to see if this chain of indian supermarket is near you.
There are many others near Atlantic city in south, islin(edison), jersey city in north jersey.
03-01-2017, 03:26 AM   #62
Soumen

@sid I am from Kolkata as well. Have you been to any natureopath/ayurvedic doctor before trying Gourd Juice?
07-19-2017, 02:27 PM   #63
Crohnical

I couldnīt find any of that fruit in the shops I visited today, but I saw some similar like these:
Would these help in the same way?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gresskar.jpg (115.4 KB, 56 views)
07-26-2017, 08:19 AM   #64
swathyedayath

Hi All, I am from india , recently diagnosed with Crohn's , one month back . I was going through the posts , and found you all suggesting for bottle gourd .. can anyone please give me recent updates about using it .. I'm really excited to know about that ..
07-26-2017, 08:32 AM   #65
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Hello and welcome to the forum.I haven't seen Sid around for a while.I think he started this thread a while back.Sorry I can't help,just wanted to say hello.
09-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #66
sid

Hi friends,

I am visiting the forum after a long time. Actualy since the last time I came to this forum, I have been keeping really well (touch wood). My BM has been normal, gastritis symptoms decreased, and the bet part - I gained a lot of weight without any supplementation. I did get bit gassy and acidity at times, but he requency has been just like what anyone wothout crohns would suffer, mainly due to the junk food or excesive alcohol at times, though I now I can easliy tolerate alocohol well i would say. I hope this continues and sorry for not posing for a long time. I now feel i should have posted regularly..but I guess this new life made me forget this great forum for a while and I becamse a bit selfish. So sorry again.

I am going for colonoscopy with biopsy in December (or may be earlier')..I am not expecting any miracles but I will continue my current lifestyle and just hoping for the best..will eep you guys posted.

Crohn's since Jan 2011.

No meds.
Diet as per ayurveda.
Vitamin D and B12 shots.
Currently experimenting with Probiotics, starting 2016.
And a large joint mad family, thus stress cant touch me.
09-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #67
sid

Hi All, I am from india , recently diagnosed with Crohn's , one month back . I was going through the posts , and found you all suggesting for bottle gourd .. can anyone please give me recent updates about using it .. I'm really excited to know about that ..
One glass (350 ml approx) daily fresh bottle gourd juice what i did. Avoid it if you have stomach ulcers. Once thats healed you can take it.
09-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #68
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Hi friends,

I am visiting the forum after a long time. Actualy since the last time I came to this forum, I have been keeping really well (touch wood). My BM has been normal, gastritis symptoms decreased, and the bet part - I gained a lot of weight without any supplementation. I did get bit gassy and acidity at times, but he requency has been just like what anyone wothout crohns would suffer, mainly due to the junk food or excesive alcohol at times, though I now I can easliy tolerate alocohol well i would say. I hope this continues and sorry for not posing for a long time. I now feel i should have posted regularly..but I guess this new life made me forget this great forum for a while and I becamse a bit selfish. So sorry again.

I am going for colonoscopy with biopsy in December (or may be earlier')..I am not expecting any miracles but I will continue my current lifestyle and just hoping for the best..will eep you guys posted.
Glad you are doing so well.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
09-19-2017, 09:13 AM   #69
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Hello again Sid.Really good to know that you're doing so well.I'll be interested to know your results after your future tests.Keep well.
10-14-2017, 03:36 PM   #70
MaryCherub

Bottle gourd.
Are you still consuming it?

I have heard about that treatment before. I am studying Ayurveda and remember reading about it.

Also the Chinese version of Bitter Melon. Which I have juiced but it was "challenging" to say the least.

I am using several of the following methods too:

http://www.planetayurveda.com/ulcera...e-remedies.htm

I know all these threads are old. But hopefully I can still get a reply from you Sid.