Share Facebook

07-30-2017, 04:04 PM   #1
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Juice Plus

Hi all

Just curious whether anyone has tried this? On the face of it it does seem an attractive solution to not being able to eat fruit/veg and get the nutrients naturally, without the hassle of juicing yourself.

Problem is I despise MLM's with a passion and I know the markups on these things are ridiculous, and they often make completely outrageous claims when it comes to health benefits.

Has anyone had any success and not spent a fortune doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, Esomeprazole 40mg, B12 Injections and various supplements. Azathioprine failing so awaiting next steps
07-31-2017, 09:07 AM   #2
scottsma

My Support Groups:
Don't know what MLMs are Soph.My solution to boost nutrients Is Bioglan powder from Holland and Barret.I use the chocolate (cacoa) flavour and berry.You can get veggie ones also.The nutrient levels are VERY high.It's about 20 a sachet and you get 10 servings.It's also very tasty.I have mine in a smoothie with banana,oats and nuts and lo fat milk, but it's fine on it's own.I don't eat veggies or salads,and only 3-4 fruits a day.I've used bio glan for over a year and apart from Crohn's I feel remarkably fit (mostly)
07-31-2017, 09:27 AM   #3
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Ahh thank you, I'll look into that! MLM is multi level marketing, basically a just about legal pyramid scheme. I don't know much about Juice Plus, but I know they are MLM along with Forever Living aloe vera, Younique make up etc.
07-31-2017, 11:27 AM   #4
TK83

Sorry not sure which country you're based in. If you're in the UK, this may be worth a watch http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/c...0-05414f15026a. There was a more in depth version on watchdog I think but cannot find it
07-31-2017, 03:42 PM   #5
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Sorry not sure which country you're based in. If you're in the UK, this may be worth a watch http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/c...0-05414f15026a. There was a more in depth version on watchdog I think but cannot find it

Ah I am indeed in the UK! Thanks, that's perfect. I'll see if I can find the watchdog one on YouTube or something.

I'm thinking my suspicions are going to be confirmed...
07-31-2017, 03:52 PM   #6
TK83

I think so too. Any company that makes such sweeping statements about the benefits of their products make me prick up my ears. Especially if the majority of their effort is spent on publicity as you pointed out.

I'm based in the U.K. too and there are some IBD forums on Facebook where people have discussed their experiences of Juiceplus and others. Most not complimentary I have to say, but this is an individual disease so may well help others. Like yourself I'd like much more transparent information from the companies involved

Ah I am indeed in the UK! Thanks, that's perfect. I'll see if I can find the watchdog one on YouTube or something.

I'm thinking my suspicions are going to be confirmed...
07-31-2017, 03:54 PM   #7
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Yep, that's the problem with these things! The reps can say pretty much anything and they will because they're desperate for a sale. I had to block a friend who started selling forever living after (politely) telling her to shove it wasn't getting through.

I'm also reading a fantastic blog by a lady who got sucked into Younique, and it's VERY illuminating with regards to the lengths they will go to and the lies they tell.

I guess I was just looking for an easy answer, I'll go back to looking for a cheap juicer and good old DIY it! I'll get some of that stuff from H&B when I find one scottsma, they are fab in there and actually paid regardless lol. If it's any help to you I've just seen hemp protein in Aldi for 2.50, I know a lot of people use that.

Thanks again!
07-31-2017, 04:00 PM   #8
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
I've seen some very questionable things on Facebook I have to say, particularly from juice plus and forever living. Problem is the company can blame it on the individual rep and wash their hands of it.

I've seen multiple people banned from a group for saying forever living products cures grass sickness in horses which is usually fatal. It got so relentless that a study was done and they actually had to stop because it was considered inhumane to keep tubing the quantity required into the horses as they were so distressed, and I think the one that did get the recommended amount died anyway.

Horrendous stuff, but they are still blocking these people to this day for preying on the desperate.

Horrible things MLM's, the people trapped in them are just as much victims.

Hey ho, I'll get off my soapbox
08-01-2017, 04:19 AM   #9
scottsma

My Support Groups:
I've never seen Bioglan advertised except on it's web sight.I discovered it while browsing H&B.It is on their website of course.I'm sure it was Johnny Wilkinson (rugby) who endorsed it originally.I started juicing veggies a few years back because I thought I should.After 18mnths or so I didn't feel it was doing me any good and to be honest it was such a faff for very little result.But I know lots of people swear by it.My diet isn't the best so I feel better mentally as well as physically on BG.