Share Facebook

05-04-2016, 02:26 PM   #31
pdx

My Support Groups:
atruelove, this is our first year using Remistart, and we use it like you do, i.e. we submit the EOB ourselves and then get a check. We submitted our first EOB on March 14, and got the check in the mail on April 4. We submitted our second EOB on April 25, and I haven't heard anything back on that one yet.

I hope your check arrives soon!

Current treatment:

Remicade started 12/24/14 (currently on 9 mg/kg every 6 weeks)
Oral methotrexate restarted 12/2/16 (15 mg weekly)
vitamin D, folic acid, multivitamin, Prozac

Past Treatment
90% EN via NG tube 2/9/15 - 4/2/15
50% EN via NG tube 4/3/15 - 4/18/15
Supplemental EN via NG tube 5/7/15-6/19/15
Budesonide 3/3/15-6/30/15
Oral methotrexate 3/13/15 - 5/14/16 (15 mg weekly)
Topical clobetasol for Remicade-induced psoriasis
07-31-2017, 06:09 PM   #32
Justanothercp

My Support Groups:
Help: I just started being charged $400 + for remicade infusions. I have kaiser insurance through my employer. Does anyone have experience with Remistat assistance and if they will help in a case like this?? Does my employer need to know about it?
Also, does anyone know if a generic for remicade is coming anytime soon?
07-31-2017, 06:20 PM   #33
Ladybug12

Help: I just started being charged $400 + for remicade infusions. I have kaiser insurance through my employer. Does anyone have experience with Remistat assistance and if they will help in a case like this?? Does my employer need to know about it?
Good afternoon,

I applied for the program by filling out a form at the hospital. I think you maybe able to do so online. Once approved, I submitted my EOB via fax. Once approved, funds are loaded to a debit card provided by the program that I use to pay for treatment. I did not have to notify my employer.
07-31-2017, 07:02 PM   #34
Madhu

My Support Groups:
It's all online now. You can go to remistart.com and enroll in the program. I think once you're approved, you can start submitting EOBs online. I didn't choose the debit card method, so once my payment is approved they just send me a check through mail. I hope you get approved

Mild flare in Mar 2017. Remicade schedule adjusted

Current Meds - Remicade 10mg/kg
08-05-2017, 05:19 PM   #35
pdx

My Support Groups:
We have Kaiser insurance through my husband's employer and use Remistart with no problems. As the others have said, everything can be completed online now, and you don't need to inform your employer. First you apply for the program online. Then just wait for your EOB to be mailed to you after your infusion. You scan the EOB and submit it to Remistart, and they mail you a check about a month later. They pay for any Remicade cost (minus a $5 copay) but they don't pay for any infusion services. (There's also an option to get a preloaded debit card to use to pay the bill, but our EOB's don't arrive until way after our bill is due, so we just pay the bill to Kaiser ourselves, and then the check reimburses us.)

We actually only have to submit an EOB once a year now, because we hit our plan's out of pocket maximum of $1000 after our first Remicade infusion. (Under our plan, we pay 20% of the cost of infused drugs, which is over $1000 for each infusion!)

No one at Kaiser told us about Remistart, unfortunately. We didn't use it for the first two years of infusions, but we're happy to know about it now.
08-10-2017, 10:52 AM   #36
theadmiral

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with my problem!!
I've been taking Remicade infusions for the past 2 years.
I'm traveling to the US as an International Student and will need to continue taking Remicade. I will be getting the University Health Insurance and they say that the plan is comprehensive. I even checked with the Insurance Provider's customer care and they said that Remicade is covered as per this plan. But after seeing some posts here, I am really anxious about it being not covered, as I don't have the kind of money to pay for the infusions.

I am asked by my university to contact a GI and have medical records transferred once I get my Insurance card. I am worried that Remicade may not be covered. Where do you have to get the Remicade from? Do the doctors usually arrange the infusion for you? If not how to go about it?

And can I enroll into the Remistart program right away or should I wait to see if my insurance covers it? (Because it might be too late by then!!)

I'm travelling in 3 days, and will need my next infusion in 8 weeks. If anyone could help me, then I would be really grateful!!