Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » How to differentiate fever caused by Crohns to others?

08-12-2017, 07:57 AM   #1
Kancer

My Support Groups:
How to differentiate fever caused by Crohns to others?

To all the people suffering from crohns, I would like to know how you differentiate a fever between a Crohns Flare and other infections? I am on azathioprine and was having slightly elevated temperature of 99.7D for a few days. Today, my temperature hit 101.5F after I came back home from shopping in the evening.

I have been having cough and runny nose for weeks now. No signs of improvement. Nothing too incomfotable though. I have an appt with my GI next month so would like to know if there might be any cause for concern?
08-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #2
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
To all the people suffering from crohns, I would like to know how you differentiate a fever between a Crohns Flare and other infections? I am on azathioprine and was having slightly elevated temperature of 99.7D for a few days. Today, my temperature hit 101.5F after I came back home from shopping in the evening.

I have been having cough and runny nose for weeks now. No signs of improvement. Nothing too incomfotable though. I have an appt with my GI next month so would like to know if there might be any cause for concern?
I am not sure. I hope it is not Crohn's disease related and that you feel better soon.
08-12-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
cmack

My Support Groups:
Hey Kancer,

I think if it were me(I have IBD) I would try to find a way to see a doctor. Personally I would want to rule out a bacterial infection. That's based on my experiences only. I hope that in any event you start improving soon.

Keep in touch,

Chris
08-12-2017, 07:25 PM   #4
my little penguin
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
For ds ANY fever means a call to notify the GI and the pcp
They decide who Ds sees
Typically it's the pcp first to rule in infection
Then the GI has Ds modify his meds accordingly depending on what the infection is
No infection means Ds gets an early appt with the GI
08-12-2017, 09:02 PM   #5
Lady Organic
Forum Monitor

agree with the above. when on immunosuppressant, my GI nurse told me to call her asap if I have fevers.

Diet: ''IBD-AID'' : http://www.nutritionj.com/content/13/1/5+ organic food only
suppl Curcuminoid extract, Inulin,psyllium, apple pectin, Vitamin D

past meds:
pred 50mg, 5-ASA, cortifoam, Imuran (failed) Purinethol (success) methotrexate (failed CD and arthritis).

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » How to differentiate fever caused by Crohns to others?