Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » I seem to be able to eat most things , will this change as time goes on ?

08-14-2017, 05:31 PM   #1
Pauline H

I seem to be able to eat most things , will this change as time goes on ?

Diagnosed in April this year and on azathioprine but gaining weight every week and losing my hair :-( any advice please
08-14-2017, 06:04 PM   #2
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Hi there!

I was exactly like this, I have small bowel disease which in my case means I don't suffer from D. It's only recently I've started to get the more classic symptoms of pain, blood & mucus etc. I made the mistake of thinking that because I don't have big dramatic flares that foods don't effect me. With a bit of listening to my body I have discovered that isn't the case. I'd definitely recommend a food symptom diary, I certainly didn't feel I needed it at the time but it did help me narrow down.

The problem with me when diagnosed was that I was barely eating anything at all, pretty much just bread & cheese. As the nausea & vomiting have calmed down and I've re-introduced things and watched closely, I know a few things that are best to stay away from!

Best of luck x

Currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, Esomeprazole 40mg, B12 Injections and various supplements. Azathioprine failing so awaiting next steps
08-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #3
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
Also this may help regarding hair loss!

http://dansharpibd.org/telogen-effluvium/
08-14-2017, 06:55 PM   #4
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I agree with a food diary.
08-14-2017, 08:30 PM   #5
cmack

My Support Groups:
Also this may help regarding hair loss!

http://dansharpibd.org/telogen-effluvium/
Good article, thanks!
08-14-2017, 08:41 PM   #6
cmack

My Support Groups:
I wish you the best Pauline,

I get the hair loss as well. I hope you get it figured out soon. B12 seems to help my hair a bit, 1200mcg daily in a time release. I also take 2000 IU of vitamin D3 daily. One of the two(or both)seem to be helping, I'm not sure which one as I have only ever taken them together.

Best regards,

Chris

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » I seem to be able to eat most things , will this change as time goes on ?