Share Facebook

02-19-2015, 11:50 AM   #31
Nancye50

My Support Groups:
Okay thank you!
03-08-2015, 08:17 AM   #32
Chappington

Hi all - I've just joined this forum after a long while of stalking.

I use EO's therapeutic grade to treat my Crohns alongside a myriad of other things under the supervision of a naturopath.

I am "conventional" medication free and follow a strict paleo diet.

There is a lot of negatives associated with holistic therapies but I can honestly say these oils have kept me out of hospital. As a "test" I stopped taking them for 3 weeks completely and ate a few things off my diet plan and flared horribly. I'm still fighting that bastard down now. If anyone wants to know more I am happy to share. We all need to band together against this horrible disease x
03-08-2015, 09:28 PM   #33
Marlena

I'd like to know what oils you're using. Don't know anymore test, doesn't sound worth it.
03-09-2015, 04:59 AM   #34
kikig

My Support Groups:
I've been using doTerra EOs as a complementary treatment, not as a medicinal substitute.
One of my triggers for flares is stress, so I use lavender oil for that specifically- on the soles of my feet at night. As regards ingestion - the only ones I actually use are lemon oil, peppermint oil and DigestZen (peppermint, clove and some others I can't remember). I do believe in the mind/body connection, so if using small doses of EOs go even a little way to calming my symptoms, then I'm happy to go that way. I would also prefer not to add any more medication to my lot, esp those over-the-counter ones targeted at IBS/IBD.

I also take probiotics (in line with GAPS) and live natural yoghurt - my uncle who is a vet actually told to me to do that.

Essential oils must be used cautiously, I am in full agreement. It cannot be stated enough, and I fully agree that there are few baseline standards in that industry, which is alarming.

As I said, I use them in small doses, as much for my mind as my body.
03-09-2015, 07:56 AM   #35
Marlena

I use lavender as well and tea tree for healing cuts and bruises and others for my husband's breathing and just to make the house smell nice, peppermint for tummy troubles. but in the range of one drop or two. They are powerful. I eat a lot of good yogurt as well. lavender is also excellant for burns. Put it on as soon as possible, takes the burn out and really heals it - great for sunburn. i am very fair and burn without even thinking about it.
03-09-2015, 08:27 AM   #36
Chappington

So the oils I currently use are:
Copaiba
Oregano
Sacred frankincense
Lemon myrtle
Di -Gize
Peppermint

I also use lavender diffused and a stress away roller. I've tried purification and joy in the house diffused as well and quite liked them!
05-09-2015, 03:31 AM   #37
Tikell

Hi chappington, would you mind sharing what company you used to get your essential oils and do you take them internally, externally or both. Doc wants me to go on 6 mp and am stalling and desperate for anything to try.
05-09-2015, 06:32 AM   #38
Marlena

I have found that the Bach flower remedy for stress really works. There's even one for pets.
06-25-2015, 08:29 PM   #39
Jen C

[A previous poster from 2011, which I can't figure out how to quote, said: It is generally recognized as unsafe to ingest essential oils. There are many helpful articles and lots of information at Essential Oil University.

I don't ingest my essential oils, but I did try the one I have for digestive issues, just this morning, and it kept my diarrhea at bay all day long. I applied it topically on my belly. The fact that I did not have diarrhea all day long and still none at 7:30 p.m., cannot be coincidence because every day this week when I didn't use the oil, I went to the bathroom over 15 times in a day. I am going to keep trying it and see if it WAS coincidence or there really is something to a holistic treatment.

Lymphocytic Colitis
Currently on Entocort
06-26-2015, 06:25 AM   #40
Marlena

Would you mind sharing what oil that is and what brand? From all I 've read, it is generally considered unsafe to ingest essential oils, with a few exceptions, and then carefully. I am so happy for you to not have diarrhea for a day!
06-26-2015, 06:49 AM   #41
Jen C

I do not ingest the oil. I use it topically. It's a blend called DigestZen and it has a blend of ginger, peppermint, tarragon, fennel, caraway, coriander, and anise.
06-26-2015, 07:15 AM   #42
Marlena

What company do you get it from, sounds likes it smells wonderful.
06-26-2015, 07:24 AM   #43
kikig

My Support Groups:
DigestZen is from DoTerra. I ingest it as well as topical skin application.

It is number one in my first aid kit!
06-26-2015, 07:28 AM   #44
Marlena

Thanks for the info
06-26-2015, 10:07 AM   #45
jtwist01

My Support Groups:
My wife uses Digeze from Young Living Essential Oils. Has a pretty pungent aroma if you ask me, but she says it does nothing for her. Basically just applies as a topical ointment. I think if anything, it's a placebo effect.
06-26-2015, 01:07 PM   #46
Marlena

I would never buy YLEO, although I thank you for the info.
06-27-2015, 05:15 AM   #47
Jen C

My wife uses Digeze from Young Living Essential Oils. Has a pretty pungent aroma if you ask me, but she says it does nothing for her. Basically just applies as a topical ointment. I think if anything, it's a placebo effect.
If it does nothing for her, why does she even bother? Just wondering.
07-31-2015, 08:03 AM   #48
KSinger

Yoadrienne, There is a lot of controversy regarding the use of essential oils and even more about the ingesting of them. I have done some research on Copaiba oil and have found that this oil has been approved by the FDA for ingesting. The oil is currently being used in some cough syrups. So, take that for what it is worth
07-31-2015, 09:16 AM   #49
Marlena

Jen C, how is your diarrhea?
08-01-2015, 07:47 PM   #50
Jen C

Jen C, how is your diarrhea?
Hi Marlena. I haven't had any for a good couple of weeks now. I can't remember exactly how long it has been. Thanks for asking.
08-02-2015, 01:23 PM   #51
Marlena

Great!
12-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #52
vanessahammond

Glad to know that many people have started trusting essential oils, for their benefits outnumber the ones provided by common medicines. There are plenty of good essential oils on the market today but if I have to recommend one brand, it would be Healing Solutions. I've been using Healing Solutions for a year and the results have been very positive.
02-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #53
earthshine

Glad to know that many people have started trusting essential oils, for their benefits outnumber the ones provided by common medicines. There are plenty of good essential oils on the market today but if I have to recommend one brand, it would be Healing Solutions. I've been using Healing Solutions for a year and the results have been very positive.

Really happy to see this thread active for a few years!
Has anyone heard of treating an fistula with essential oils? I am desperate for something to help...

I use coconut oil on the skin in hopes it will bring down swelling etc but was thinking today maybe there is benefit in using an oil to help reduce edema/ inflammation / infection in the area.
09-05-2016, 02:52 PM   #54
Marlena

I would be very careful and test the oil somewhere else, first and really read up on it. For instance, tea tree oil is supposed to be good for wounds. I react very badly to it, winding up worse than I was before, or even on things which do not have broken skin. I don't know if it's Crohn's related or because I have Vitiglio - loss of skin pigmentation, which makes my skin hyper sensitive.

Last edited by Marlena; 09-05-2016 at 02:54 PM. Reason: left something out
09-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #55
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
I would be very careful and test the oil somewhere else, first and really read up on it. For instance, tea tree oil is supposed to be good for wounds. I react very badly to it, winding up worse than I was before, or even on things which do not have broken skin. I don't know if it's Crohn's related or because I have Vitiglio - loss of skin pigmentation, which makes my skin hyper sensitive.
Tea tree oil in general is very bad for skin, you need to dilute it a lot to use it in any topical application.
I'm my own guinea pig.
My log with studies, journal of my experiments:
http://www.crohnsforum.com/showthread.php?t=72046
My Blog
https://beyondtheoddsfitness.wordpress.com/
09-14-2016, 04:28 PM   #56
Marlena

Thanks for the info.
03-01-2017, 10:00 PM   #57
baistuff

My Support Groups:
Hi- I don't post much. just lurk a lot. I remember seeing this thread a while back b/c I like natural remedies (did an FMT a while back, and take curcumin.) I stumbled upon a site that links to an Indiegogo campaign for a new Essential Oil machine that looks really neat and was well liked by Dr. Pappas from Essential Oil University. It's called an EOS, essential oil still. They have some demos on youtube as well. Looks cool. Maybe some of you who know more about essential oils can weigh in if you think it's worth looking into.

Best wishes,
Baistuff
08-18-2017, 08:02 AM   #58
Yan

I'd like to try essential oils to lessen my Crohn's symptoms. Where should I start?
Crohns disease is very very rare from whr im from and ive had it for almost a year now with very constant flare ups that can be so bad it leads to terrible miraginea and fever for days.
Doctors here just gave the usual painkillers and antibiotics which does not help at all. Finally i found essential oils and i take ONLY young living oils... it got alot better to almost NO flare ups in months.. althought once in a while i would get it probably due to certain foods that causes it which i have uet to figure out what.
I take 5 drops of peppermint, digize, 4 drops of lemongrass and oregano every morning. Along with 3 drops of frankincense, copaiba and idaho balsam fir for the pain . And on times when i feel if theres gonna be a flare up, i take the 3 drops of Frank, copaiba and idaho . Hope this helps!
08-18-2017, 08:05 AM   #59
Yan

Tea tree oil in general is very bad for skin, you need to dilute it a lot to use it in any topical application.
Tea tree might be too strong and biting on open wounds bt it works great for acne or any kind of rash cos of the anti bacterial properties. LAVENDER is a much better option for any burn , cuts or open wounds
08-18-2017, 08:27 PM   #60
InstantCoffee

My Support Groups:
Tea tree might be too strong and biting on open wounds bt it works great for acne or any kind of rash cos of the anti bacterial properties. LAVENDER is a much better option for any burn , cuts or open wounds
It works great, but only if you dilute it in a carrier oil, otherwise it's irritative properties outweigh its benefits.

You can use almost any neutral oil but a high linoleic like grapeseed or jojoba is going to be most universally neutral, otherwise you run into comedogenic effects.