• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Stricture and Pooping out random things tiny piece by piece

Dear all,

So in the last two months I went from eating steamed zucchini to not being able to eat pureed zuchinni, to literally pooping out various proteins like smoked salmon. I was wondering if anyone has had a stricture which has caused you to feel that you are passing out your food piece by piece, and if one piece gets stuck, you're done????

I let myself go with some extra protein and grainy bread this weekend and its all coming out, grain by painful grain...and weird fish piece by fish piece....
I truly didn't expect anything this crazy to ever happen and I am wondering if any input on this?

Thanks!:sign0085:

Yes, the food is barely, if at all, digested. It looks like the way it went in, is the way it comes out. Also, if anything is not chewed to tiny pieces it seems to block everything until it comes out whole. I have now seen seafood pieces, large grape pieces, pieces of milled corn cakes, sliced green onion, chewed pickles, pureed squash (out the way it went down).

I think I might have a very very tight stricture at this point. I can't eat any fibre at all.

What do you think?

I am still waiting for an appointment with my doctor. Of course I am planning to go and have mentioned this before which concerns him. However, in the course of figuring this out and testing, it is getting worse, and I am getting very depressed and need some support.

Dear all,

So in the last two months I went from eating steamed zucchini to not being able to eat pureed zuchinni, to literally pooping out various proteins like smoked salmon. I was wondering if anyone has had a stricture which has caused you to feel that you are passing out your food piece by piece, and if one piece gets stuck, you're done????

I let myself go with some extra protein and grainy bread this weekend and its all coming out, grain by painful grain...and weird fish piece by fish piece....
I truly didn't expect anything this crazy to ever happen and I am wondering if any input on this?

Thanks!:sign0085:
I had stricture and I never had this kind of sensation, but in case of narrowing it is better to avoid too many fiber. So in that case better no grain bread and zucchini withouth the seeds and well cooked.

It is aso important you drink a lot of water to digest better. Are you sure its goin piece by piece maybe it is just an impression.

Hope you feel better soon.

Bufford

One has to reduce the total food intake or it can overwhelm a stricture and cause a back up further up the bowel which can become a painful blockage. Like a conveyor belt, too much of a load will cause it to stop. i take more frequent small meals instead of eating a lot in one or two meals. Instead of a large supper, I have a small meal and have a sandwich later on in the evening.

I don't have a stricture, but some things, like raw carrots, will come out undigested. I now cook them and have no problems.