Share Facebook

09-22-2017, 12:13 PM   #1
Tommy21bn

My Support Groups:
Treatment Length

Hi all,

Quick query: Am I right in remembering that the longer Crohn's takes to diagnose the longer it takes to treat effectively?

Many thanks
09-22-2017, 12:26 PM   #2
Sophabulous

My Support Groups:
I've never heard that but it would make sense. The inflammation is more likely to have progressed and caused permanent complications by the time of diagnosis I would imagine?

Currently taking Azathioprine 100mg, Esomeprazole 40mg, B12 Injections and various supplements. Azathioprine failing so awaiting next steps
09-22-2017, 12:41 PM   #3
Tommy21bn

My Support Groups:
I've never heard that but it would make sense. The inflammation is more likely to have progressed and caused permanent complications by the time of diagnosis I would imagine?

Yes, it certainly chimes with my experience and I'm sure I've read it somewhere but I can't find it now. I thought I'd check with the collective to see if they knew.
09-22-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
Tuff

My Support Groups:
I think it has more to do with finding the drugs that work for you. Everyone responds differently. And if you continue to smoke, drink etc. and eat what you like, your treatment is not going to be as effective.

Stelara, Warfarin, calcium, Vitamins B12, D.
Previously: 5-Asa, Cipro, Flagyl, Prednisone, Aza, Remicade.
Pulmonary Embolism, DVT's, osteopenia, Peripheral neuropathy.
09-23-2017, 07:11 AM   #5
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
Agree.