Share Facebook
Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Advice needed greatly please

11-08-2017, 06:31 PM   #1
ashepard96

Advice needed greatly please

Been having GI issues for about two years now. Lost 70 pounds within a year. Iíve been suffering from joint pain, abdominal pain and cramping all the time, watery stool or diarrhea with mucus, chronic fatigue, and low-grade fevers every day. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done which showed duodentits and gastritis from the endoscope and the colonoscopy showed my terminal ileum being really inflammaed with these bumps inside. A few weeks after I went to the ER for pain and had a CT scan that again showed my terminal ileum was inflammed and my liver was inflammed now. My GI says everything is fine, is it worth getting another opinion and seeing someone else?
11-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
Squirrel#1

Been having GI issues for about two years now. Lost 70 pounds within a year. Iíve been suffering from joint pain, abdominal pain and cramping all the time, watery stool or diarrhea with mucus, chronic fatigue, and low-grade fevers every day. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done which showed duodentits and gastritis from the endoscope and the colonoscopy showed my terminal ileum being really inflammaed with these bumps inside. A few weeks after I went to the ER for pain and had a CT scan that again showed my terminal ileum was inflammed and my liver was inflammed now. My GI says everything is fine, is it worth getting another opinion and seeing someone else?
YES! Get several if needed! I was told everything was fine and normal. ALMOST DIED! Spent 5 months in the hospital fighting to get my ability to walk again. Please GET a second opinion!!! I'm praying for you!!

11-08-2017, 08:05 PM   #3
ronroush7
Forum Monitor

My Support Groups:
I would definitely get a second opinion.
Diagnosed in 1990. On Humira, Imuran, Gabapentin, Colestipol, Synthroid, Lialda. Resection in April of 2010. Allergic to Remicade, Penicillin, Flagyl, Doxycycline. Thyroid issues and psoriasis and neuropathy and mild cerebral palsy. Mild arthritis in my lower back.
11-08-2017, 08:09 PM   #4
cmack

My Support Groups:
You need another opinion. Something is very wrong, please see another doctor quickly.
11-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #5
Bufford

My Support Groups:
Get a second opinion and don't wait too long, it would appear that your doctor is missing something given your symptoms and low quality of life.
11-10-2017, 01:06 PM   #6
Guerrero

My Support Groups:
I agree with all the comments

Crohn's Disease Forum » Your Story » Advice needed greatly please