• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Bowel prep

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to help me. Am I allowed to dissolve the bowel prep meds in orange juice and am I allowed to drink lucozade until the colonoscopy? Thanks x

Scipio

My doc would not allow me to have any colored liquids during bowel prep - to prevent the color of the liquid to from obscuring inflammation or, conversely, to prevent it from mimicking inflammation when it wasn't actually there. Clear liquids only.

My doc would not allow me to have any colored liquids during bowel prep - to prevent the color of the liquid to from obscuring inflammation or, conversely, to prevent it from mimicking inflammation when it wasn't actually there. Clear liquids only.
I agree with Scipio.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Which prep do you have?

Clear fluids are ok - broth, clear soda etc.....don't only have water if you can help it.....

Bufford

The only thing I am allowed to have during the prep is water, and more water. Clear juices such as apple juice is okay. Clear broth made with those chicken cube broths are okay too. Stay away from milk, orange juice, and any juices that are dyed red or blue. No solid foods.
Usually the doctor orders Peglyte for the prep. Its a big gallon jug of awful stuff. It is easier to take when chilled. The prep is not easy or fun, but its a part of living with this disease.

scottsma

Lemonade is ok too.The taste is really not that bad.I mean,it wouldn't be the drink of choice for anybody,but it does the job.It's the after effects that's the problem.Just make sure you're comfortable and not far from a permanently vacant bathroom.Baby wipes and baby cream might be a good idea as "things" will get sore later.

Also it might be to late ,but chilling your prep and using drinking straws helps.Good Luck.

To keep from feeling hungry I have broth, coconut water, and gelatin made with apple juice...At least early in the day...Once the prep kicks in I don't want much of anything except mint tea. Hope it all goes as smoothly as possible!

my little penguin

Staff member
Ds drinks organic Gatorade (all flavors are clear no dyes)
Kool aid has a powder drink with sugar thatis clear
Nothing with pulp
He drinks Gatorade mixed with miralax plus ducolax so doesn’t taste bad at all

Good luck

Never heard of orange squash