Share Facebook

12-18-2017, 05:53 PM   #1
mbjah808

Crohn's and CBD

Hi all,
Looking for info. about taking CBD oil. I am currently on IMURAN and hate the side effect it is giving me. (dizziness and nausea)

1. Who is using it and how has it worked?
2. Do you get blood tests done to look for inflammatory markers to see if it is working or just go by how you feel?
3. Is it a Hoax?

Thanks in advance for the info?
12-18-2017, 06:03 PM   #2
crampygut

Hi mbjah809,
Iím currently looking into buying CBD oil in Australia but because itís recently been legalised for medicinal purposes Iím finding it hard to get a doctor who is willing to script it for me. The company Iím hoping to get the oil from is affiliated with the Israeli cannabis researcher company Tikun Olam. Apparently it works great for inflammation and this has been proven through limited clinical trials. But as with all medicine we can only know if it works once we try it because as you know one drug works well for one IBD sufferer and not another.

Currently on: Vedolizumab, Entocort, methotrexate

Supplements: multi V, probiotics, vit D.
Diet: gluten free, low sugar and Low Fodmap diet.
12-18-2017, 08:36 PM   #3
Layla

My Support Groups:
Hi Crampygut,

I'm having the same issue here in NZ, it's just recently been approved but now need to find someone to prescribe it. Hopefully (medical) cannabis will be legal too at some point but in the meantime I'd be very interested in the name of the oil you're looking at, could you post it or pm me with it? And can you buy it in Oz or do you need to get it from overseas?
Resection due to strictures in 2014
Currently taking: amitriptyline, zinc, multi vitamin, b12 shots, Vit D, B complex, magnesium, calcium, Psyllium and the occasional iron infusion, probably sarting a medical trial soon

Previously on Remicade, Humira, Prednisone, Azathioprine, MTX, Pentasa, Asacol, Salofalk
12-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #4
scottsma

My Support Groups:
I've been using CBD oil for a couple of weeks.It did make a difference to my IBD for a few days, but I've been a bit rough for a couple of days now ,so who knows? It did ease my arthritis too.I will keep using it until current bottle is finished.I bought it at a health shop and it cost £39-95 per bottle.I bought two bottles so as to give it a reasonable chance,but there are only twenty doses per bottle,so might have to reconsider.You can order on-line but make sure it is pure oil from the cannabis plant and NOT manufactured in China.You don't get a "high" with it but it is good for anxiety.Hemp oil supplements are also available but I don't think it's as strong as CBD.I will be interested to know how others get on with it.
12-23-2017, 04:50 PM   #5
crampygut

Hi Crampygut,

I'm having the same issue here in NZ, it's just recently been approved but now need to find someone to prescribe it. Hopefully (medical) cannabis will be legal too at some point but in the meantime I'd be very interested in the name of the oil you're looking at, could you post it or pm me with it? And can you buy it in Oz or do you need to get it from overseas?

Hi Layla

The company Iíll hopefully be able to buy it from is called Medifarm. Theyíre based in Queensland and they are affiliated with the Israeli cannabis research facility ĎTikun Olamí. As far as Iíve been able to gather Tikun Olam is far ahead of any other research facility when it comes to the way they grow and control their crops as well as the amount of patients they treat. They have apparently had great success with treating IBD sufferers. Iíve spoken to Medifarm and they said they will have there own locally made CBD cannabis oil available buy May 2018 but in February theyíll have some of the Israeli Tikun Olam CBD oil available. Hopefully youíll be able to purchase it from Medifarm even with a NZ script?

12-23-2017, 07:11 PM   #6
Layla

My Support Groups:
Thanks for that Crampygut.
I have no idea if I could order there with a NZ script but I can certainly try! And it gives me something to google with, one step at a time
12-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #7
Karla

I'm looking for the same advice in Canada
12-27-2017, 08:26 PM   #8
crampygut

Best of luck Karla. Let us know how you go