• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Monthly pain in left side of abdomen

Okay, I've been putting this off for a while. BUt, about once a month...I get this real strong pain...On my left abdomin..Not near my lady parts. Its a tight, feeling like something is being cut off...like curculation or something. It last sometimes for two days. But then it goes away, only to come back...I haven't called the GI...I go in for a "Pouch" scope next month...I'm thinking possible an abcess or something..But, How in the world do they diagnose that? I mean..Scope? X ray? Right now I'm not in pain...But, you know that old record goes on in my head..bad rerun...Don't want to go back in the hospital...I'm rambling...Sorry...Sue:ybatty:

Hey Sue, i'm sorry that you haven't been feeling good. I don't have any experiences with abcesses, just wanted to send you a hug and say I hope you get your pain sorted out quickly!

:)

Thanks Simone---I am not even sure its an abcess...But, I wanted to know what everyoe thought......Hopefully, if I get it out in "the air"--That crazy repeating line will stop in my head! :) Sue

This sounds very similar to the way my abdomen would feel before I was diagnosed with an abscess. Is it possible to call your GI and let him know about your symptoms and she what he/she thinks?

My abscess was diagnosed with an abdominal ct scan. The test where they pump your veins full of dye and then take pictures of your entire abdomen.

I have been hospitalized 3 times with abscesses. For me, they give me IV antibiotics for a couple days. They might also drain it, using a C/T scan to place a tube into the abscess. I have never had to have that done, came close last month. But they discovered it was a pocket left behind from an earlier abscess that was filling with fluid through a fistula, so they didn't place the drain.

Nice...Another pleasantry of Crohns! I called my GI, she is out and will be back in tomorrow...I'm going to put a call in tomorrow. You guys are the greatest! Only another crohnie would understand, that every ache and pain might be crohns related.. I've ignored it long enough, Sue

I called this morning and left a message....Waiting for a call back...I'lll keep you all posted...Thanks tons for listening to me...I don't like to keep talking to my husband about all of the wonderful side effects of crohsn...achey bones, sore tummy,,,Thanks so much! Sue

I called this morning and left a message....Waiting for a call back...I'lll keep you all posted...Thanks tons for listening to me...I don't like to keep talking to my husband about all of the wonderful side effects of crohsn...achey bones, sore tummy,,,Thanks so much! Sue
I know what you mean, as much as my husband cares and is there for me, he tends to get that glassy look every once in a while. Gotta love em!

All, I called, the Dr thinks it might be connected to my "cycles" because of the timing..They want me to journal the pain -- of course if it gets bad to call back or go tp the er...Love this disease..Sue