• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anal Abscess Fistula way to much puss

hi everyone am new to this site and am glad i found it i have a couple of question that i want like some answer to it, sorry english is not first language but i hope you guys understand, i just had surgery 3 weeks a go anal abscess fistula and i have a lot of puss coming out that leak in my undies all the time and i feel kinda embarrassed every time i change my undies there puss ever where and if i walk a lot or run it leak and i have to change undies 3 - 5 times aday , also my sex life when down due the fact i donot know what to do due it leaking puss and i kinda embarrassed of my boyfriend every couple of hours i wipe and i see a puss everywhere

so my question is

how do i get rid of puss ?

how long will the puss go away completely ?

what should i do when i go out to keep myself clean ?

thanks for all the help :hug:

nogutsnoglory

Unfortunately it's going to need to drain for a while. Can you wear a pad there and use wet wipes to keep the area clean?

yea i can wear a pad but question what should i do when i have sex also it leaks even more puss when i do a lot movement

i guess i will try that, also if i do bowel movement and i try to hard it hurt and some times i have hard time sitting or walking =(

If you are having that much puss leaking that it is an issue for you during sex, perhaps you should wait until it has calmed down. There are other things that can be done besides intercourse.

For me when my fistulas are really acting up I don't like my husband around there at all. He has to make due with other things... Sorry! Not the answer you want I am sure, but sometimes it is worth it to focus on healing. The sitz baths or regular warm baths are a great idea.

For my day to day I use a pad in my panties and a folded makeup round between my cheeks. It keeps the mess under control. It is concerning that you are changing your panties 3 times a day. If that is with a pad in there already - well,,,, that is a lot of drainage. It might be worth saying something to the doc in case they did not clean it out well enough or there is a secondary infection.

If you are having that much puss leaking that it is an issue for you during sex, perhaps you should wait until it has calmed down. There are other things that can be done besides intercourse.

For me when my fistulas are really acting up I don't like my husband around there at all. He has to make due with other things... Sorry! Not the answer you want I am sure, but sometimes it is worth it to focus on healing. The sitz baths or regular warm baths are a great idea.

For my day to day I use a pad in my panties and a folded makeup round between my cheeks. It keeps the mess under control. It is concerning that you are changing your panties 3 times a day. If that is with a pad in there already - well,,,, that is a lot of drainage. It might be worth saying something to the doc in case they did not clean it out well enough or there is a secondary infection.
thank you so much that helped also how about shaving around anal abscess can i use nair " Depilatories " is oky to use it around the anal area ?

i would not use chemicals in the area unless it says you can - even then be careful around the wound. do you have a fistula?

you can shave around it if you like just be gentle.

i would not use chemicals in the area unless it says you can - even then be careful around the wound. do you have a fistula?

you can shave around it if you like just be gentle.
yes i do have fistual, also is there anyway to avoid it again

the only way to avoid it in the future is to get the disease under control. people generally suggest humira or remicade

I haven't had a true abscess, but I had a fistula get to the size of a goose egg. Wasn't fun, especially once it burst. It was all kinds of unpleasant. After it burst I took a daily sitz bath to help relieve swelling and pain. Plus I got a good half hour of reading in the tub without the kids bugging me. Wife wasn't sure what to do with me for a bit... my GI started me on different meds (humira and strong antibiotics to kill the infection, in my case) and in a couple months life was a lot better.