• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Anxiety

My DS diagnosed with Crohns 5 months ago- 12 years old. Is now experiencing increasing anxiety. Separation from home and parents- doesn't want to go to loud and crowded places. Thoughts?:heart:

my little penguin

Staff member
Ask the ibd team
They should have a psychologist (not psychiatrist) on staff to deal with medically complicated kids
Lettting him have someone to talk it all through with is important

Good luck

Maya142

Staff member
I second seeing a psychologist. My daughter has also struggled with anxiety and seeing a psychologist really helped. We saw (and still see) the psychologist that her GI recommended, who works with many kids with chronic illnesses. It does take some time, but he will get better.

Hang in there!

That's when I was diagnosed and it was rough I felt like nobody understood what I was going through.My medical team had me do a daily journal to vent and I actually found that helpful.

Was he previously an anxious kiddo? Sometime these pre-teen and teen years tend to bring out anxiety, but sometimes it's just them experiencing puberty and growing up too. Figuring out who they are and where they fit in the world.

My 13 yr old son was diagnosed with Crohns in febuary and has not been able to achieve remission yet. His anxieties are increasing. Any advice??

My 13 yr old son was diagnosed with Crohns in febuary and has not been able to achieve remission yet. His anxieties are increasing. Any advice??
Sorry to hear this. It's so hard to watch our kids struggle. What does he take for the Crohns? We are on 6mp.